to love or not to love

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

to love or not to love

Postby bea » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:32 am

if you were in a relationship and you knew for certain that this person was not going to be 'the love of your life' :barf: and really the only reason you were with them was because you were wasting time until someone better came along, would you stay in this relationship or end it?
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby m485 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:41 am

Depends on the circumstances. Some couples stay togeher but live sepearate lives for the sake of their children. Personally, I would end it
m485

Postby Makinamess » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:05 am

Seems a bit cruel on the other person in this relationship, just to string them along until someone better turned up but, as M485 says, if kids are involved then it's a different situation. However, if both parties in this relationship are happy with just trundling on, then it's between them.

I'm single, so I can't really comment on whether I'd stay or go, but I suspect I would end it.
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:06 am

End it. No point in you both being unhappy, and the other person might find someone who does love them, whilst you wait for someone better to come along.
Gill

Postby Sarah » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:38 pm

I would end it, as messy said, it's not very fair to the other person.
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:13 pm

I think its best to end it. Life is too short. Even IF there are children involved my advice would be to end the relationship with the partner...but never the children.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Damsel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:14 pm

End it, unless the person agrees to let me use him/her...

And I had such a relationship and I blatantly told the guy I was using him only for physical affection and to hang out...he didn't have any problems with it so we continued that for months. But he used me...as a stand in girlfriend when we went out.
Damsel

Return to Romance and Friendships