What to do?

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

What to do?

Postby Nathaniel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:13 am

Soooo... I fell in love with my friend, but she adopted me as her little sister... Should I tell her I was in love with her or just let it pass, since I don't feel the same way about her anymore?
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Makinamess » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:17 am

There is an old expression here, "Let sleeping dogs lie" which means "Don't change a situation as that may result in complications arising if there's no need to". Maybe one day you could tell her of your feelings but what's the point at the moment ? You might make her feel really awkward about you but I suspect that's the last thing you want to do right now.
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 am

If you don't feel that way about her anymore, then I don't see the point in rocking the boat. I'd let it pass.
Gill

Postby Sarah » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:37 pm

If you still felt that way about her, I would tell you to tell her, but since you don't, let it pass. You wouldn't want to jeopardize your friendship.
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 pm

I guess not. I'm kinda glad I didn't tell her, since she probably would have freaked out on me. :(
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Damsel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 pm

If you don't feel that way about her anymore, then no need in telling her.

I wish I could tell the gal who used to be my best friend all throughout middle and highschool that I want to do her (she is bi). All those times she sat on my lap, and hugged me a little too long and in a different way... :roll: I lost my chance! She is now married!
Damsel

Return to Romance and Friendships