EX'S ?

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

EX'S ?

Postby Sandra » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Is it possible to have a normal relationship with your ex?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:47 pm

I seriously doubt it. You can see the whole relationship-- all the good and all the bad-- and it has to be dominated by the breakup at the end.

I was with the same person for 25 years and there was a lot of good-- but the betrayals that ended it are my strongest memories.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Damsel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:26 pm

No...
Damsel

Postby Gill » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:35 am

Some sort of relationship? Maybe.

Normal? No way in Hell!!
Gill

Postby bea » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:28 am

i have a totally normal relationship with my ex. we've been split up nearly a year and we get on swell. there is no sexual tension, we can get drunk together, go out for meals, just do normal friend stuff. we still get on fine with each others families and he has just started a new relationship which he is happy to talk to me about and i am happy to listen. we know that we cannot be together but had a good strong relationship and neither of us want that to go to waste now that we are not with each other. this is only my take on the situation though but i think if asked he would pretty much say the same thing.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:19 pm

define "normal relationship"....
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:11 pm

A NORMAL RELATIONSHIOP WOULD BE TO GET ON WELL WITH NO ARGUING AND NO SEXUSAL TENSION, JUST LIKE BEA GETS ON WITH HER X :D
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:11 pm

that would be lovely, but in my case, no such luck.

now it feels like the last 22 yrs went down the drain and i'd like a refund, pls.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Flawless » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Well, for the most part yes. However, my problem is most of my ex's always want to get back with me....or just fool around.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby m485 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:30 am

i have a totally normal relationship with my ex. we've been split up nearly a year and we get on swell. there is no sexual tension, we can get drunk together, go out for meals, just do normal friend stuff. we still get on fine with each others families and he has just started a new relationship which he is happy to talk to me about and i am happy to listen. we know that we cannot be together but had a good strong relationship and neither of us want that to go to waste now that we are not with each other. this is only my take on the situation though but i think if asked he would pretty much say the same thing

why can't they all end this way :confused:
m485

Postby legend » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:44 am

ive always found that if you dont talk you cant fall out .
maybe not the best way but it seems to work :neutral:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby brandtrn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:13 am

I guess that depends upon what you mean by "normal." I speak to my former husband on a fairly regular basis, regarding visits with the children, events going on in their lives, and general parental concerns. We're friendly, to a point. If we see one another on the street, we'll smile, say "hello," and occasionally engage in a bit of small talk, but neither of us goes to much effort to spend much time in the other's company. Considering the fact that we ARE exes, and that each of us has since remarried, our relationship is fairly normal...
brandtrn
Bad Seed

Return to Romance and Friendships