Do you think that you can form real frienships/relationships

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

Postby pilvikki » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:29 pm

it's often easy to spot the phonies: those who swear up and down that they're the genuine article, they're honest, they're sincere yadda-yadda. for anyone who actually is, it would not cross their mind to mention it, unless asked, for it's just what they are. as in "isn't everybody...?"

i'm sometimes pretty gullible and find it easier to sort people out on the net as i can think about the things rather than having to instantly make up my mind.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:01 am

seems some people are smarter than others here
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby haysi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Brainformation is a really smart site.
Last edited by haysi on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Re: Do you think that you can form real frienships/relations

Postby ashes13 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:00 pm

I say it really depends on the individuals.
Over the last few years I have met some fantastic people online and upon meeting them offline have developed some lasting friendships and on occasion more. I have also encountered a couple that I consider to be very fake, even though their online persona may not like showing that.
I personally tend to hold back a bit until I actually know a person offline, but I have been hurt in the past so tend to be wary.
Online can be a very nasty, spiteful place and there are some very disillusioned people out there who will believe everything is real.

The good points outweigh the bad though and at the end of the day its just a different meeting point for people which takes a certain amount of sense and some effort at times.
I know people who have met their husbands/wives online and are as happy as can be so some good can come of it :)
ashes13
Frantic

Postby haysi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:06 am

I think you are right ashes13, it depends on the individual and the circumstances. I am sure that there are genuine people online as well as prats LOL. Thankfully I feel that the majority of the people I have met are genuine :D

Hx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:24 am

yup you canb make friends and meet husbands and wives.
sometimes yours sometimes someone elses.
yuo still have to watch out :biggrin:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby haysi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:35 am

"You still have to watch out" very true.

At the end of the day you go on your instincts and trust.

H
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 am

haysi wrote:"You still have to watch out" very true.

At the end of the day you go on your instincts and trust.

H

Last time I went on my instincts and trust, I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life.
Gill

Postby haysi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:40 am

We live and learn :( some men are born prats.

Oh and of course so are some women born prats too.
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:53 am

just wondering.
how much romance can you get for 200 euros??'
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby haysi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:56 am

romance costs nothing, actions speak louder than words.

If you need to spend the 200 euros go buy some flowers, roses are always romantic and then a nice meal. That should do it for you.
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Gill » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:02 pm

legend wrote:just wondering.

Depends how much she charges per hour really :shrug:
Gill

Postby haysi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:03 pm

Gill wrote:
legend wrote:just wondering.

Depends how much she charges per hour really :shrug:

:evildance: :lmao2:
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Previous

Return to Romance and Friendships