friends

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

friends

Postby Gill » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:36 am

Do you have a friend who you do not speak to anymore, because of something that happened between the two of you? Do you miss them, wish things were different?
Gill

Postby legend » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:38 am

i guess things change.
if u could turn back the clock eh?
but lifes not like that sadly.
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Gill » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:38 am

legend wrote:i guess things change.
if u could turn back the clock eh?
but lifes not like that sadly.

No it's not. Shame tho' :(
Gill

Postby Kathy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:17 am

Thre was smeone I used to chat to on another site. She was barmy :biggrin:

Miss her fariy stories.
Kathy

Re: friends

Postby haysi » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:14 pm

Gill wrote:Do you have a friend who you do not speak to anymore, because of something that happened between the two of you? Do you miss them, wish things were different?

I sometimes miss friends that I no longer see. usually after too many vino collapsos. :(

Ive learned recently that I cant make people 'like me' and they have fallen out with me for their reasons. Regardless of if I agree with them or not.
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Damsel » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:17 pm

I have someone I miss and the thing that bothered me most was it was not really something that I did...it was others who got between us and stirred the pot...and created a huge mess.
Damsel

Postby legend » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:37 pm

damsel, people go their own way in life.
sometimes its cos they want to,sometimes cos theyre lazy and its easier to just give up ,other times its a misguided idea of security.
in the end they do it because they want to and i think they try to lessen the blame/pain caused by looking for an easy excuse.
but what do i know?
im just a man eh. :(
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:09 am

Gill wrote:Do you have a friend who you do not speak to anymore, because of something that happened between the two of you? Do you miss them, wish things were different?

Yes, no and no.

anything that happens which is serious enugh to end an relationship ends lots of things. I don't miss the falsehood, I don't miss hoping my friend wouldn't turn again. If I wish things diffrent it must be atuneing one of ours personality to be a better fit, and I can't bring myself to change people that much.

...and I don't wish the experience away either. I've learned, I'm stronger and I problably would have run into someone like that sometime anyway. Better do it when you're young enugh to learn without getting bitter and shut down
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby lpg » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:15 am

I can only thnk of one person that would fit those criteria. And no. I do not miss him nor do I wish things were different. What's over is over. I'm cool with that.
lpg
Hero Of The Day

Postby Sandra » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:19 am

I do and I miss them very much and wish everyday things could be different :( but you can't make people talk to you can you, so I just get on with it :D
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:21 am

yup.
theyll wake up one day and realise the mistake they made.
more fool them i say :evil:
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby forgotten1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:24 pm

ther are a few, yes. mostly they just "disappear, move whatever" miss some of them a lot but life moves on and new people come and go
Um Bigbird what is todays letter? Today's letter is... 3. Um.. nope 3 is a number not a word. Exactly Kermit! 3 is the number of joints i have smoked today!
forgotten1
Helpless

Postby legend » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:11 pm

sometimes i think you can lose touch for the daftest and most insignificant of reasons :(
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Bedford » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:20 pm

Remember, "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine".
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:55 pm

im of the attitude if someone really loves you or really cares,they will get in touch.
if they dont then its just a sign ,and probably a realisation on their part that they were wasting both your time and theirs.
time will tell is a saying i believe holds true.
many times in my life it has told.
it can be a shock or a great upset.
but its better to know the truth :neutral:
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Gill » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:06 am

legend wrote:im of the attitude if someone really loves you or really cares,they will get in touch.
if they dont then its just a sign ,and probably a realisation on their part that they were wasting both your time and theirs.
time will tell is a saying i believe holds true.
many times in my life it has told.
it can be a shock or a great upset.
but its better to know the truth :neutral:

Ain't that the truth!! :neutral:
Gill

Postby Yogi » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:06 am

Yes, yes, and yes.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby angel » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:17 am

yes. in a time where i really needed a friend to talk to and get support from he thought his new computergame was more important, and even though i called him in tears and stressed that i needed a friend NOW, he still told me to call back the day after, when he was done playing his game.
i never called him again.

this was a guiy that i got out of bed for in the middle of the night to help him, i have driven 1000s of km's for him when he didn't have a car, i helped him when he had no money.
understanding is a three edged sword.
your side, their side, and the truth.
angel
Hero Of The Day

Postby haysi » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:37 am

Friends suck dont they :(

well if you are lucky they do :biggrin:

kidding Gill, I know that you value all your friendships and am sad if you are sad

Hx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdlvettechie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:03 pm

I have several, one I miss (we really just have new seperate lives, she went into the air force, got married, had 2 kids, lives across the country now), the other 2...well...1 we just grew apart- no fight nothing like that, the other one, I dont miss, she is not a good person, and I couldnt be frriends with her anymore.
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
-- Immanuel Kant

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
mdlvettechie
Frantic

Next

Return to Romance and Friendships