feelings

Do you have questions about interpersonal relationships? Get and give advice on friendships, marriage, and romance here.

feelings

Postby Sandra » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:32 pm

If you were to hurt or betray a friends feelings unintentionally, what would you say or do to make amends?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:35 pm

Apologise as profusely and as rapidly as was necessary before the situation got out of hand. However, sometimes this just isn't enough (as I know to my cost unfortunately) and there is nowt one can do :(
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Makinamess wrote:Apologise as profusely and as rapidly as was necessary before the situation got out of hand. However, sometimes this just isn't enough (as I know to my cost unfortunately) and there is nowt one can do :(

Don't think I could cope if I couldn't make amends tho :(
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby haysi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 pm

apologise all you like it rarely makes amends
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:08 am

...you need to "prove" yourself to that person. Apologizing is really all it takes, as long as the person belive you and belive you understand what you did and belive you will not act the way again...
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:29 pm

I'd explain what I did that was wrong, convey that I know that it hurt their feelings, and appologize. I have plenty of practice at this. :wink:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Re: feelings

Postby ohlia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:08 pm

Sandra wrote:If you were to hurt or betray a friends feelings unintentionally, what would you say or do to make amends?

unintentionally is the key point; I would apologize to them. If they they did not accept my apology then I am not that meaningful to them as much as they mean to me.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Romance and Friendships