New look

This is the Brainformation Site Support Forum. Ask questions about Brainformation and one or more of our gurus will give you the answer. Alternately, give us some suggestions on how to make this forum a better experience.

New look

Postby Silke » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Yogi, dear... the new look of the fourum is probably good enugh (the one before login, the white one), but it burns my eyes and give me a headache... I can hardly look at it at all, and that make finding the login button kind of hard... could you please use something not so bright?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby solana » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:13 pm

? new look? what am i missing?
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:13 pm

it is white... screamingly so....
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 pm

The now default index page for Brainformation uses subSilver styling. It's definitely "plain vanilla" and I can understand why most people don't want to use it. However, it is the only style that has all the updates for this board's current software. All the other styles may or may not have every feature available.

Why did I change the default? The reason for that is related to some modifications I'm trying to make to the registration process. Basically, I'm trying to make life difficult for the robots that create spam profiles. The number of them has increased lately, and are still manageable. But, it would be a lot easier to administer the site if we did not have to keep deleting bogus profiles.

Last weekend I tried to implement the anti-spam modifications, and accidentally disabled some of the site in the process. :oops: I think things are back to where they were now, but I am still anxious to do the modifications. Thus the default index page must be subSilver.

I really am sorry that your eyes are hurting Silke Image Unfortunately the old blue default page cannot handle the improvements I need to make. Once I get the mods installed, I'll try to soften the look for you, but until then, I recommend that you make a bookmark after you log in (be sure to check the "remember me" box first) and use that bookmark to get to your favorite style without having to see the plain vanilla one first.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby solana » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 pm

nope.... not mine....

I don't see any difference...
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby ClaireM » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:39 pm

I'm blue.... :confused:
Illegitimi non carborundum.
ClaireM
Helpless

Postby sassie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:41 pm

blue here too..
sassie
Helpless

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:04 am

Silke: you can choose to customize what BF looks like after login. mine is a nice dark blue. if you choose to stay logged in you won't have the pesky problem of the blindingly white screen for log in.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby bea » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:24 pm

i see nothing different. Always snowflakes for me.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:05 pm

I have costomized it, medow. I use some blue-stuff aswell. Thanks for the tip, yogi.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Ask A Guru