Legend's "what you listening to now" (cont)

Your comments, questions, and criticisms about the world of music can be aired here.

Postby spithray » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm listening to the Paul McCartney iPod advert. As a result of this horror and on the vague offchance that he walks past my house, I have prepared a knife with which to stab him in the chest.
Rose: If you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?
Doctor: Lots of planets have a north.
spithray
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:55 pm

Valleysailor wrote:
Bedford wrote:
Sterling wrote:Turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so.

You do realize that the song is actually quite dirty, don't you? :teach:

In what way, Bedford? It doesn't mentioned penguins, not once...

"Turning Japanese" refers to the facial squints one makes when climaxing during "self-pleasure". :teach:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:25 pm

the fact you even stated that and even KNOW that. much less wanting to know that shows that you have obviously never, ever had actual, consensual sex with the opposite sex. unless with relatives.

go ahead and delete this one, Yogi. i deserve it and i don't care!!!!! it's WORTH IT!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby bea » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:35 pm

/\ hahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

every post on this page amuses me

I'm listening to a christmas carol - the one with brump bu bu bump in it.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:36 pm

:biggrin: i'm mean as hell, i admit it. but some people deserve it.

i had on Lily Allen earlier. i love her album! it's so sassy and bitchy! and a good disc to get ready to go out with because it's so bouncy and upbeat.

and Smile is such a great fuck you song to an ex-boyfriend. mwahahaha!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby spithray » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:48 pm

meadow wrote:the fact you even stated that and even KNOW that. much less wanting to know that shows that you have obviously never, ever had actual, consensual sex with the opposite sex. unless with relatives.

If this is "a waystation along the information highway", then what exactly do you hope to add by saying that? Are you promoting useful discussion? I suspect not. And, by the way, the reference to masturbation made in the song was in keeping with its punk rock origins and also at least partly responsible for the success of the song when it was originally released, thus making Bedford's point relevant to the discussion, unlike your comments.

meadow wrote:go ahead and delete this one, Yogi. i deserve it and i don't care!!!!! it's WORTH IT!

Personally, I'd rather he left it here, so everyone else can see what a fool you seem to be making of yourself this evening. Whatever it is that's got your proverbial goat this evening, I'm sure it wasn't started by Bedford.
spithray
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:53 pm

wow, spithray. thank you for that very informative insight in the roots of punk rock. i'm fully aware of the origins of the song in question, thanks. i'm fully aware of exactly what the song is about. i, however, didn't feel the need to point it out in a lame way to try to pathetically attempt humor. :roll:

i really do not care what you think i should consider relevant or not. i merely made an extremely accurate and astute assessment. you do not have to like it. *shrugs*

not everything posted here has to be all kiss ass nicey nice. i ain't nice. and i certainly ain't gonna kiss anyone's ass here. period. ever. and i've discussed my feelings with Yogi and he knows exactly how i am, where i stand and what i am and am not going to say. if he's got a problem? he'll speak up, no need for you to police me and jump on in! i don't need another dad, thanks!

if you don't like it? okay. i really don't take much notice of you or what you want. if you want to take it up further? feel free to let it fly in a private message so i can say EXACTLY what i think. :)

cheers!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby spithray » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:06 pm

meadow wrote:no need for you to police me... feel free to let it fly in a private message so i can say EXACTLY what i think.

I think you'll find that you're the one policing yourself in this instance, but I don't think PMs are necessary. It's good to be opinionated, but opinionated and argumentative are two entirely different things.

Anyhoo, I'm now listening to Toto's Africa played by Andy Mckee. This guy really is at one with his guitar.
spithray
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:45 pm

i've been told in the past that if i need to express myself in a way that deviates from the thread in question to this degree that a PM should be sent.

personally? i never send them. i prefer to be out in the open with my bitchiness. i don't hide nor whine nor complain or act like a little wimpy assed pussy. and my feelings are easily hurt either so i rarely use the PM feature.

but feel free. i probably won't respond except in a vitrolic manner though. cause i'm a bitch like that.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:55 pm

Nice to know you admit it; that's the first step.

Actually, I got it from "Pop-Up Video", a TV series that used to be on VH-1. On one episode all five of the videos shown were about Masturbation. I think other's were The Stroke, She Bop, Dancing With Myself, and something else.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:48 am

i've never denied it. unlike some people here *cough cough* i don't hide behind other names and i say everything to someone's face. i also don't try to be someone i'm not. i say everything i've got to say as myself and i don't hide in the shadows from it. and i also take whatever "lumps" might come my way because of my actions. i also am upfront about my dislike for you and always have been. surely you aren't so dense to not realize how much disdain and bile i hold for you and the fake ass way you try to carry yourself here???

i've never said i was nice. i've never said i'm anything but a bitch to people i don't like. i refuse to play "nicey nice" with people who don't deserve it.

you most certainly do not deserve any less. ahem. unlike you, i accept my personal responsibility and i don't pretend to be other users when i'm not.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Sandra » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 am

Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:23 am

i'm glad that Supertramp [a band i loathe] is over now on the Concert for Diana on VH-1 right now.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Just for you Sandra:-

Richard Thompson - Cooksferry Queen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pah-4NAvzOk

(I've included this track on one of the CD's I'm sending to you :biggrin: )
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sterling » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:59 pm

Actually, Bedford taught me something I didn't know-- it was a legitimate statement about the song I posted about.

Currently I have Brad Paisley's "Ticks" in my head.

And I like this video better than the "real" version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErfwM7-Q8nU
Sterling
Trapped Under Ice

Brooks and Dunn

Postby Patrice » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4IVp_Z8ALY
Brooks and Dunn
Building Bridges
Patrice
Bad Seed

Postby haysi » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:31 am

Last edited by haysi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby angel » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:45 am

elo's out of the blue.
right now it's in the middle of concerto for a rainy day.
understanding is a three edged sword.
your side, their side, and the truth.
angel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:16 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tNzK5YbHhY0

One of my favorite slow songs ever. Top 3 for sure

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby angel » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:31 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

a classic. he will never write another one even remotely like it.
understanding is a three edged sword.
your side, their side, and the truth.
angel
Hero Of The Day

PreviousNext

Return to Music