new music

Your comments, questions, and criticisms about the world of music can be aired here.

new music

Postby Sandra » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Introduce me to some new music please, I need something different from the norm :roll:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:56 pm

i think you'd like Tori Amos if you don't already know her. she's fucking AMAZING and she plays piano like no one else.

do you like Lily Allen? she's great and my new favorite as of the moment.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Sandra » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:34 am

meadow wrote:i think you'd like Tori Amos if you don't already know her. she's fucking AMAZING and she plays piano like no one else.

do you like Lily Allen? she's great and my new favorite as of the moment.

I've not heard much of Tori Amos but I'll give her a go. Lily Allen is great. I'm really into Nelly Furtado and Amy Winehouse at the moment.
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:28 am

i <3 Lily Allen so much!!! and Amy Winehouse is the singer of the summer for me.

do you have Justin Timberlake's Future Sex/Love Sounds? it's a good booty shakin' record and good for when you need to clean and are feeling a bit run down and tired!

but you definitely need to check out some Tori! you love Paul Weller so i know you've got great musical taste already.

have you ever listened to any Jeff Buckley? Grace is at the top of my list as well. it's not "new" but it can be life changing if you've never listened to him before. :)
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Sarah » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:54 am

Mika, Lily Allen, and Justin Timberlake are my current obsessions.
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:50 am

I could list some 20 or so artists that I doubt you've ever heard of Sandra but I won't, I'll make you a CD of their best tracks and post it to you instead ! :biggrin:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:14 pm

Makinamess wrote:I could list some 20 or so artists that I doubt you've ever heard of Sandra but I won't, I'll make you a CD of their best tracks and post it to you instead ! :biggrin:

I'll look forward to it messy :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:19 am

meadow wrote:
have you ever listened to any Jeff Buckley? Grace is at the top of my list as well. it's not "new" but it can be life changing if you've never listened to him before. :)

I'll give him a go. ( I got a Jeff Buckely CD at the Library and so far he's real good)

Paul Weller is amazing, Did you like him when he was in the Jam?

here's one of my favourites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O-pjgdVH4g
Last edited by Sandra on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:00 am

i love The Jam and i looooove The Style Council. i've been a fan since i was a little girl and i didn't know who he was 'til junior high. i was about 11 when i knew his name and that he was Paul Weller. *sigh* i love him so much!!!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby sooz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 am

Paul Wellar :love:

Try Rooney, Don't Come Around Again or Sorry Sorry are cracking tunes.

I am a big fan of The Rasmus and Muse, have you heard any of their stuff..if not you should.
sooz

Postby meadow » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:51 am

erm...it's Weller with an E not an A. sorry. it's a pet peeve of mine.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Music