T in the park

Your comments, questions, and criticisms about the world of music can be aired here.

T in the park

Postby sooz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 am

about an hour ago I got back from the best weekend of my life. 'T in the park' (outdoor music concert for those that don't know)
It rocked, the whole place was jumping for 3 days, non stop music of the best sounds around. The Killers made it for me absolutely amazing.

What's the best concert you've been to?

(i'm going for a well needed shower and a good long kip)
sooz

Postby meadow » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 pm

too bad Amy Winehouse didn't show though.

the best concert i've ever been to? hmmm...so many choices. right now it's Tori Amos at The Backyard in Austin, TX in April 2003. she was on her Scarlet's Walk tour and i had 6th row seats that faced her. *long happy sigh* it was an unforgettable show and i'm so glad i went!

i had to eat rice and beans for 2 weeks and only go to work and back [gas costs] to pay for it but it was worth it!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 pm

The best gig that I have been to recently?? God, there are soooooo many :lol:

The Killers were brilliant, DEVO can rock! Embrace were absolutely fantastic, New Order are one of my all time favourite bands and never fail to disappoint.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Ash soon, and the Stranglers, :tongue:

I forgot about the Inspiral Carpets - they were really good and of course not forgetting PRIMAL SCREAM! those boys just get better and better!
Last edited by haysi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Re: T in the park

Postby Sandra » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:51 pm

sooz wrote:about an hour ago I got back from the best weekend of my life. 'T in the park' (outdoor music concert for those that don't know)
It rocked, the whole place was jumping for 3 days, non stop music of the best sounds around. The Killers made it for me absolutely amazing.

I watched it all weekend, best thing on the telly (well that and live earth was quite good) the line up was amazing, some of the best were:

Kasabian (totally rocked) Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, The Coral (amazing), Lily Allen, Razorlight, My Chemical Romance, The Klaxons, Babyshambles, James Morrison, The Killers, Kings of Leon, The Fratellis, Paolo Nutini, Goo Goo Dolls, Interpol, Mika and Beth Ditto, defo going next year :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:47 pm

sheesh, i haven't been to a concert in eons. the best one... hm... i think it was queen...

that one was a while ago, lol.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby molly » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:20 am

I went to the Princess Di concert it was really good.
molly

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:58 am

Was the atmosphere good, Molly ? I saw some of it on tv and it all looked at bit *stilted* and stage managed - but I bet it was better live, nothing beats listening to music in the open air with all your mates eh ?
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Music