One to watch.

Be it tapes, discs, or the cinema, make your opinions known here.

One to watch.

Postby Sandra » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:16 am

I just watched an excellent DVD called Pierrepoint, a true story about Btitain's most notorious hangman, Albert Pierrepoint, it was certainly a haunting and powerful movie. British actor Timothy Spall is not an actor I would usually watch but he certainly pulled a blinder in this film. You should watch it if you can.

I'm now going to watch another DVD called Joyeux Noel, hope it's as good as the other one, Bank Holiday Monday's are for relaxing and watching films. :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:31 am

That DVD sounds absolutely fascinating Sandra ! (Not sure I could sit still long enough to watch it though :lol:) Timothy Spall is a seriously good actor (IMHO) - remember him in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (Barry)? He gave a tremendous performance in Secrets and Lies (the Mike Leigh film) and I absolutely adored him in Stephen Poliakoff's Shooting the Past.
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 am

I watched Donnie Darko last night, I forgot how much I love that film. Tonight I'm going to watch Planes, Trains & Automobiles (an old film, but still great) and I've got Good Will Hunting, Memento and The Silence of the Lambs (still scares the sh*t out of me) that's my entertainment for the weekend. What an exciting life I lead lol.

Messy did you ever get round to watching Pierrepoint?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:16 pm

No, sorry Sandra ! You are probably going to have to copy the DVD and send it to me before I will watch it (you know how much I hate tv..... :lol:) I still haven't finished watching Hanes..... (the bio of Mozart) which I recorded errrr, about 18 months ago and promised to send to M !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Makinamess wrote:No, sorry Sandra ! You are probably going to have to copy the DVD and send it to me before I will watch it (you know how much I hate tv..... :lol:) I still haven't finished watching Hanes..... (the bio of Mozart) which I recorded errrr, about 18 months ago and promised to send to M !

I'm making a parcel for you, so I know what to include in it :wink: :lol:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Movies & Television