50 First Dates

Be it tapes, discs, or the cinema, make your opinions known here.

50 First Dates

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:41 pm

i love this movie! Drew Barrymore has the best hair ever in this movie!

her and Adam Sandler are a great pair. they rocked it in The Wedding Singer and they do it again here.

i love how persistent he is about wanting to get to know her even though she'll forget him the next day. i can't imagine losing my memory and remembering all my long term memories but thinking that every day is the same day as my accident.

and Sean Astin is hilarious as her brother. the lisp! the net shirt! the ridiculous body building! ahahaha!!!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby mdkilmer » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:22 pm

I liked it (and have it). I think that Wedding singer was better, though.

Barrymore does very well when she has a strong lead to interact with. She's bad when she acts opposite a weak male lead-- like Ben Stiller in The Duplex.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:24 pm

i agree! i looooove The Wedding Singer but i really like the premise of this movie.

Duplex was such a big, fat disappointment to me. i was all excited to see it and i was like...that's IT??? WTF?

what a steaming pile of CRAP that was! and i LOVE Ben Stiller so that was even worse. he either seems to hit it right on the head or make a total piece of shit...like Envy!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby molly » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:22 am

IT was a good chickflick, Adam Sandler is gormless but cute with it.
molly

Postby Sarah » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:35 am

I thought it was cute when I saw it in theatres, but I haven't opted to watch it again. The Wedding Singer (!) however... I watched it 2 days ago, I loooooove it. Adam and Drew are both adorable.
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:00 pm

i just love the part where they decide to break up and he changes his mind and goes and finds her. and she realizes that she paints him every day! awwww!

cause that shit never goes that way in real life. *LOL*
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Movies & Television