Its a wonderful life

Be it tapes, discs, or the cinema, make your opinions known here.

Its a wonderful life

Postby haysi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:54 pm

WOW! I have just watched this film for the FIRST time ever. I always read about how good it was and it does not disappoint. What a fantastic feel good film,its a masterpiece.

Your views?

Or are there other films that you have put off watching and were pleasantly surprised when you eventually watched them?

Hx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:14 pm

it's a great movie but a little long on the schmaltzy-ness. but that's the appeal of it really. especially at Christmas time!

i was surprised by how much i didn't like the first Fantastic Four. also, i HATED Batman Begins in spite of loving Christian Bale. i just couldn't get into it. just absolutely hated every minute of it. same for Aeon Flux!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Wonderful life

Postby mamasmitty » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:15 pm

What is Christmas without that movie! I never miss it! Actually, anything with Jimmy Stewart in it is wonderful!
Artist
Pastels and Colored Pencils

Find the art in life!
mamasmitty
Trapped Under Ice

Postby meadow » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:17 pm

my favorite Jimmy Stewart is the one he won the Oscar for The Philadelphia Story! Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart...can there honestly be a better combination made?

i think not!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby haysi » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:52 pm

I cant believe that I hadnt watched it. I am a bit of a film buff and I especially like films of the early 30s and 40s. My sis says that this film reminds her of our mum, I can see why she would have loved it too. :D
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:25 pm

oh, i think i might devise a nice, lovely looooong list of excellent movies you must see if you enjoy older films!

anything by Jean Harlow is a must though, particularly with that gorgeous man Clark Gable! Red Dust is a must-see!

also, have you seen any of the Thin Manmovies? with William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles? with their hilarious dog Asta?

if you like romantic comedies or screwball comedies...you'll love any of those movies!

and anything with Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Carole Lombard along with any of the other actors/actresses i've mentioned. IMDb is a GREAT resource for finding movies! :biggrin:
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Movies & Television