Country Trivia

This forum is for fun and games. Post games you invented or games you found online for us to play. Also, discussions of Xbox, PS2, NES, Pacman, Grand Theft Auto and all things gamer related come together here.

Postby ohlia » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:06 am

All countries count.

USSR is rich with culture and history.
It's famous for the MiG-21 Aircraft

Polynesia
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:20 am

luaus

*Babylon*
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:56 pm

Hanging Gardens

S.M.O.M. (Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta)
(it's the smallest nation in the world, about the size of a tennis court).
:wink:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:58 pm

S.M.O.M. Also known as The Knights of Malta and provides humanitarian and medical assistance worldwide.
It lacks territory, a permanent population, police power, and has no economy.

Dhekelia
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 pm

a branch of the Siouan linguistic family comprising the Omaha, Ponca, Osage, Lansa and Quapaw languages. soooo, ummm, native tribes?

Zimbabwe
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Zimbabwe is home to the Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world, and to herds of elephant and other game.

Curacao
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:20 pm

a small (Dutch controlled) island off the coast of Venezuela and a very popular tourist destination

Philippines
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Was once controlled by the USA, and should have stayed that way. :teach:

Costa Rica
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Valleysailor » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:42 am

rainforests, coffee, dope

Monacco
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:30 pm

Monaco

Second smallest independent state in the world. It has no income tax and low business taxes.

Hungary
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:36 pm

Hungary is a landlocked country in Europe that's famous for goulash. and it's the homeland of women's author Zsuzsanna Budapest. it's capital is actually two separate cities, Buda and Pest, which has the river Danube running through it.

Mali
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Valleysailor » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:26 am

Mali is a country of Western Africa with about 10 million inhabitants. It gained its independence from France in 1960.

Okinawa
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 pm

Okinawa is located in the East China Sea, close to Japan. The island is largely composed of coral rocks, and rainwater filtering through the corals has given the island many caves. It has a very large proportion of it's population living to 100 years of age, and this is attributed to their healthy diet rich in vegetables and fish. Okinawa also has the highest life expectancy rate in the world, with native men living on average to 90.1 years and native women living to an average of 93.2 years.

Cyprus
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby skin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:33 pm

Cyprus on my list of places to visit. It's the 3rd largest island in the Mediterranean, located south of Turkey. Best known for being divided into a Greec/Cypriotic and Turkish part.

Oman
Don't you hate it being in an utter good mood?
skin
Bad Seed

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:23 am

Oman is a country that borders Saudi Arabia and once colonized the islands of Zanzibar. Muscat is the capital.

Angola
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:16 am

Angola is in South Africa. It has a population of 12 million and average life expectancy is 37 years. Portuguese is the Main language spoken there. The country exports crude oil, diamonds, refined petroleum products, gas, coffee, sisal, fish and fish products, timber, cotton to US, China, France and Chile.

Bangladesh
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Bangladesh is a former colony of Britain and was considered a part of India until 1947 becoming East Pakistan. in 1971 they fought for autonomy against West Pakistan [now just Pakistan] and won. it's the home country of Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank. typically women are the poorest of the poor.

Kazakhstan
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ClaireM » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:58 pm

If you're not a fan of endless semi-arid steppe and decaying industrial cities, Kazakhstan (Kazakstan) may seem bleak, but those who enjoy remoteness, wide open spaces, lunar landscapes, long hypnotic train rides and horse sausage will definitely be in their element.

Australia.

PS Bedford, Tasmania is an island state south of the mainland of Australia, not a country in it's own right.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
ClaireM
Helpless

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Australia's Prime Minister is John Howard. in Australia...being a Liberal is NOT the same as being one in the United States! it's also home to many aborigines who have been treated quite crappy in the past by the Aussie government. it's also hope to Uluru formerly known as Ayers Rock which is located smack dab in the middle of the country. it's also a continent.

Tahiti
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:42 pm

Tahiti is the largest island of French Polynesia. It's beautiful beaches and comfortable climate makes it a paradise for tourist. The main language spoken there is Tahitian and French.

Japan
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

PreviousNext

Return to Games People Play