Afterlife

Topics that make you think. Expand the reaches of your mind. Explore philosophy, religion, psychic phenomena, and all manner of enlightenment here.

Postby van » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Kia ora Silke

I believe that humankind has a great potential to expand its "senses"
Today there are so many distractions that its pursuit is only taken seriously by a small number
In centuries gone by, having less distractions and more time to contemplate one's navel, I daresay that there were a number of wise wo/men who did great works due to their sensitivity
A recent example was that of George Washington Carver whose biography "The Wizard from Tuskegee" makes fascinating reading

Then of course, along came religion, and the rest is history

Arohanui
Shalom
Bill
van
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:45 am

i'm reading "life of pi" and have learned a great many things about people and animals that i either didn't know or didn't think about before.

as for sensitivity, i have seen it in children, but unfortunately most parents or society at large beats it out of them before they get past 7. all it takes it enough of "don't be so stupid!" "that's not possible!" "you're lying again!" etc to erase it - and a big chunk of the poor kid's self esteem as well.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby ohlia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 am

pilvikki wrote:i'm reading "life of pi" and have learned a great many things about people and animals that i either didn't know or didn't think about before.

as for sensitivity, i have seen it in children, but unfortunately most parents or society at large beats it out of them before they get past 7.

I have witnessed this first hand with my twin sisters. When they were very young they always said they were seeing people around or they would be carrying on conversations with invisible people. Up to this day one of them still says she see invisible people. I love to be in the presence of her company; the atmosphere is always light and you always get that happy carefree feeling. She radiates energy that is indescribable, and good things always happen when she is around.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby van » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Kia ora Lia

I love to be in the presence of her company; the atmosphere is always light and you always get that happy carefree feeling. She radiates energy that is indescribable, and good things always happen when she is around.

A carefree, unfettered spirit has that kind of effect, unafacted by the dictates of a society constantly moulded into conformity

Arohanui
Shalom
Bill
van
Hero Of The Day

Previous

Return to Brain Formation