President Bush Job Approval: 35%

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Do you approve of the way that George W. Bush is performing his role as President.

Yes?
22%
No?
78%

Total votes : 9

President Bush Job Approval: 35%

Postby AJRC_CS » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:50 am

In relation to Dubya's speech, his approval rating has gone down in response to him asking for more troops to win Iraq. Most presidents expect an increase in approval after any speech to the nation, not an avalanche of disapproval. At the moment Dubya's approval rating is the lowest recorded!

Now i know this is just a poll, and some will argue polls can't be seen as being accurate, but when all the polls are saying the same thing, you have to ask that one may be wrong, but all?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:36 am

Re: your post, don't bother me with facts; my mind is made up. The public be damned; I don't think it matters what we the people think. When this morning's headlines read: "Military Expands Domestic Surveillance" and "Pentagon Viewing Anerican Bank Records" and no one makes a stink, we have problems - perhaps people believe it doesn't matter what we the people say because the people no longer matter to the Washington elite.

Either people see it or they won't, but as long as the powers that be are in POWER, we're fu... uh, doomed.

Here's an editorial you might find of interest discussing the worst presidents:

http://www.tiny.cc/VmB0O

(I have never done the tiny url before, so I hope it works).
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:35 pm

Your link worked, bermbits. It was very informative, thank you. I'm not that hot on American Presidents from the past so just assumed Nixon and Dubya were the two worst Presidents. But with Nixon at 3rd and Dubya at 5th worst President, it's still pretty bad.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Reading that list, the writer is extremely ignorant of American history. Harding, Carter, Grant, Pierce, Adams 1, Van Buren, Hoover, and Fillmore have notoriously bad presidencies.

Bush will probably wind up around the middle of the pack, much to be decided in the next two years and by future historians not alive today who can be objective. He won't be in the worst 10 lists. Heck, even Clinton won't be in the worst 10.

That said, Buchanan probably does deserve the worst spot, although I don't see who could have fixed the mess, but he certainly made things worse.

Read the book "Star-Spangled Turkeys". That should be illuminating.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Which Clinton?

:lmao1:
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:56 pm

Whichever you consider to actually be the president from 1993-2001, as there won't be a third Clinton term. :teach:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:03 pm

(I really know that, but when you said future historians, I couldn't resist....)
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Flawless » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:35 pm

bermbits wrote:Re: your post, don't bother me with facts; my mind is made up. The public be damned; I don't think it matters what we the people think. When this morning's headlines read: "Military Expands Domestic Surveillance" and "Pentagon Viewing Anerican Bank Records" and no one makes a stink, we have problems - perhaps people believe it doesn't matter what we the people say because the people no longer matter to the Washington elite.

Either people see it or they won't, but as long as the powers that be are in POWER, we're fu... uh, doomed.

Here's an editorial you might find of interest discussing the worst presidents:

http://www.tiny.cc/VmB0O

(I have never done the tiny url before, so I hope it works).

I figured you would of known, the only time people matter to the government is in November.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:41 pm

I agree, Flawless. Most people realise that the only time the government ever does anything they promised to do is when there's an election coming up. Maybe we should have elections more often, say a general election every two years. You do a good job and do what you said you would do and we'll keep you in power, break those promises and you're out.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Politics and Government