Bush for president in... '08?

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Bush for president in... '08?

Postby StVandal » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:38 pm

Anyone else notice the similarity in extremism between the Dems and Republicans and all in between? It's insane.

By technical definition to be a Democrat means large government, less people power.

Technically a Republican means more people less government.

The Neo-Cons decided to play the Republican card but they're technically Democrats, based on their actions anyway. They took away our Bill of Rights, well, all except 1. They developed the Patriot Act, and are probably going to push us into a War with Iran.

Essentially they set up the perfect government for Democrats based on their original basis for a party.

I don't think things will get much better under a Democrat or Republican run country. The next few decades are going to be preeety interesting. I predicted a long time ago that Bush would press for War with Iran.

Worst case scenario is that "In a State of War" he'll remain president past 08. Similar to how Hitler dissolved elections and such by pressing a war. But that probably won't work here in the USA. I don't think so anyway. I seriously hope not.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Avatar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:57 pm

regardless of how extreme your 'points' are, it's even more ridiculous to think that somehow, he'll still be president after 08. There is not even a comparison to this goverment/administration to hitler. Not even close. The thing the dems have to realize is that they AREN'T running against Bush in '08. Ever since 2000, no matter what election was up, the dems ran against Bush. Also, they need a strategy other than "we won't do that". Should be interesting.

Postby StVandal » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:08 pm

I like how you put the word "points" in inner-quotation marks in a cute attempt to discredit what I'm saying. That's "adorable".
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby kg5uc » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:11 pm

Avatar: <i>"...it's even more ridiculous to think that somehow, he'll still be president after 08."</i>

Highly unlikely, but not impossible. Franklin D. Roosevelt was the last president who held the office for more than two terms, 1932 to his death in 1945. In 1947 the 22nd Amendment was passed and ratified in 1951. In a state of emergency (perceived or real) the 22nd Amendment <i>could</i> be repealed, allowing the President to run for more than two terms. Like I said...not likely, but not impossible.

I think you're right, though, StVandal...I don't think merely pressing a war would do it. One would still need the consent of the population, and I think even the sheeple among us might wake up in that event.
73 from KG5UC

Be nice to America or we'll bring Democracy to <u>your</u> country!
kg5uc
Trapped Under Ice

Postby Avatar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:04 pm

StVandal: "Thank you"

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:07 am

Dear God, StVandal you're giving me nightmares. Dubya in power after 2008 :shock:

I hope to whatever God is listening that something like that never happens. But look on the bright side the two main candidates for the GOP at the moment both have Democratic leanings. Senator John McCain (R) actually served his country in the Army, daddy didn't buy him out of serving, he was even a prisoner of war in Vietnam, and more importantly he is against the torture at Guantanamo! Rudy Giuliani (R). is a moderate republican who supports gun control, same-sex civil unions, embryonic stem cell research and abortion rights. Giuliani is as far over to the left as you can go and still remain a republican. So at the moment we have as the front runners Clinton, Obama, McCain and Giuliani. So you're right StVandal, the GOP have obviously learnt their lesson from November 7th and are starting to become more moderate. They are now realising that they set up the perfect government for Democrats and know they have to become more towards the middle of face defeat. The hard line right wing won't like this move, but i think it will bring the huge rift between the parties closer together again.

I also don't think a state of war would keep Dubya in power, it was Iraq that most people gave as the reason they voted Democrat in the midterms. I think in 2003 a lot of people were fooled by the propaganda, propaganda so good that Joseph Goebbels would have been proud. But i think with the quagmire that is Iraq today, no amount of propaganda would keep Dubya on as a war president. Iran is a definite possibility, maybe the GOP will launch an attack at the start of 2008 and hope it rallies support. But if Iran goes the way of Iraq the Democrats will be in power for a long time.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:25 am

Amerikana erwache aus deinem bösen Traum!
Gib fremden Juden in deinem Reich nicht Raum!
Wir wollen kämpfen für dein Auferstehn!
Arisches Blut soll nicht untergehn!
Wir wollen kämpfen für dein Auferstehn!
Arisches Blut soll nicht untergehn!
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:29 am

Avatar wrote:StVandal: "Thank you"

Yeah, I'm glad you actually grasped simple punctuation. Even if it might still be a little bit beyond you.
Keep trying.. you'll get it eventually. :eh:
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:07 am

StV: translation, please.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:22 am

Haben Sie gegangener Deutscher, StVandal?
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Skinjob » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:03 am

The Democrats talk "Peace", but deliver war. If past history is any indication, they'll expand the war, or start one of their own.

The Democrats spent a lot of money in 1964 branding Barry Goldwater, the Republican candidate a "Warmonger". I was a Democrat, and I certainly didn't want Goldwater; so I voted for Lyndon Johnson, "The Peace Candidate", or so they said.

Instead of ending U.S. envolvement, Johnson expanded the Vietnam war with the "Gulf of Tonkin Resolution", a lie that was later rescinded by Congress. With the expanded war, and the inept political management of it, it cost 58,000 American lives, and untold other lives.

Prior to that, the Democrats involved us in, and botched the Korean War, and lost it. You see the effects of that loss in the world's nuclear problems with North Korea today.

So, if anyone is naive enough to believe that the Democrats will bring Peace, then they have little knowledge of history. I haven't seen anything in their attitudes, or mentalityl that shows they've changed.

But, having said all this, I don't see Republicans doing much better, they are just as disapointing, and not much different.

For instance. President Bush seemed perfectly at ease with attacks on our Bill of Rights, invasion of our privacy, the "Patriot Act, and other stuff. But, did nothing to protect our border from thousands of illegal invaders, and not just Mexicans. Americans wonder why they get treated like criminals when they board an airplane, but the border is wide open.

The Republicans promised smaller government, less intrusion into our daily affairs, and more freedom, instead they gave us a massive expansion of the welfare state, more centralized control of our schools, and more Big Brother surveillance of our private affairs.

In effect, the Republicans started acting like Democrats, and that is disgusting to me. I am not alone.
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:21 pm

AJRC_CS wrote:Haben Sie gegangener Deutscher, StVandal?

Nein.. aber manchmal ich denke, dass jeder sonst hat.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:18 pm

this is hilarious! i thought i'd try the on-line "translation" service and this is what i got:

Amerikana awakes out of your evil dream! Jew strange Gib in your empire not room! We want to fight for your Auferstehn! Arisches blood should not untergehn! We want to fight for your Auferstehn! Arisches blood should not untergehn!

:lmao1:

it skipped exactly the words i didn't understand. very clever, i can have a professional translation for $50. um, gee, thanks but maybe not.

let's see now:

america wake up from your evil dream!
do not give the foreign jew any space!
we will fight for your [stumped on that one]
arian blood should not be spilled.
we will fight for your [still stumped]
arian blood should not be spilled.

that one lousy word is now driving me nuts!
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Skinjob » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 am

Anti-Semitism is not uncomon with some of the participants on this forum.
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:43 am

Skinjob wrote:Anti-Semitism is not uncomon with some of the participants on this forum.

Give the attacks a rest, Skinjob. They were old on cerescape and now they're really old here.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 am

StVandal wrote:Nein.. aber manchmal ich denke, dass jeder sonst hat.

Ich weiß, was Sie bedeuten, StVandal. Ich denke, daß einige sprechen ein lauguage, das nicht von diesem Planeten ist. :D
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby StVandal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:23 am

Skinjob wrote:Anti-Semitism is not uncomon with some of the participants on this forum.

Yeah, I was being facetious. You pretty much act like a Nazi, so, there you go.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:26 am

Ja. Jetzt, wenn nur wir überzeugen können dass sie es auf einem anderen Planeten sprechen!
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:34 am

:lol:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby StVandal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:18 am

pilvikki wrote:that one lousy word is now driving me nuts!

I took it from some stupid Nazi song I found on Wikipedia. It's called "Germany Awaken". It goes like this:
Germany awake from this horrible nightmare! (substitute "Germany" for America)
Give in your lands no room for the Jews. (substitute "Jews" with the current racial/religious/lesbian/gay group the right wingers are desperately trying to strip the rights from at the moment)
We want to fight for your resurgence!
Aryan blood should not perish!
We want to fight for your resurgence!
Aryan blood should not perish!

The right wing is pretty often held in the same light as the Nazis.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Next

Return to Politics and Government