Another Politician to Discredit but...

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Another Politician to Discredit but...

Postby bermbits » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:18 pm

...but he's a leading conservative! Oh, no! What do we do now?

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5326
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 pm

I actually like the sound of Chuck Hagel. He's been to Vietnam and come out the other side a better man. He's against the war in Iraq and the "surge." And, more importantly, he doesn't like Dubya. Not sure what his other beliefs are but he sounds conservative bordering on the moderate. In fact i like all the people running for the GOP, the more moderate the GOP becomes the better off we will all be.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:22 pm

All Hagel is is a gutless coward who wants fawning press coverage, and the only to get that if you are a Republican is to attack your own party.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:24 am

I don't know the man, but being a Vietnam veteran and being able to stand up to your own leader and criticise him on his failed policies is about as far from being a gutless coward as you can be. I would rather vote for someone whose critical of their government, and that have the balls to stand up and be counted, no way would i vote for a sheeple who followed the party line and did what he was told.

Maybe he does do it just for the press coverage, i don't know, but don't most politicians do things they know will get them column inches or their face on TV? Is he any different to any other?
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:53 pm

Bedford has a habit of making blanket statements about people without anything to back them up. I really think he just wants to make noise. "Gutless coward"? Really?
Let's hear a list of heroic things Bedford's done.
Crossed the street..
ate a bowl of cereal..
watched some television..
hmm..
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Looks like we're starting on our way to get this post closed down as well....

:whistle:
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:38 pm

With a mainstream media who wants to comfort him for dissing Bush, that is as cowardly and safe as you can get. Someone who is supportive of the idea of winning and willing to do what it takes is the one with courage.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:04 pm

Bedford wrote:Someone who is supportive of the idea of winning and willing to do what it takes is the one with courage.

Ok, we'll use your fuzzy logic as usual. Chuck Hagel isn't afraid to speak out against Dubya, that much is a given. Now Hagel has done this because, as you say, he wants the publicity. Now that's just good thinking. If he makes a run for 2008 then he surely is attacking Dubya because he's supportive of the idea of winning and will criticise his own president as a way of showing he will do what it takes to win. So therefore Hagel is surely courageous, using your logic.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:32 pm

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Bush is a putz." - Bermbits

I'll stop there. I am sure the mainstream media loves me!
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Since you are obviously gullible, sure they do. :teach:

As for that quote, it is simply a crutch by those that know they need an excuse for their immaturity and irresponsibility.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:05 am

:lmao1:

"Right, Mr. Pot." Mr. Kettle.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 am

So let me get this straight, Bedford. You think standing up and having the balls to criticise someone and not just follow the herd is a sign of someone's immaturity and irresponsibility? I can't think of anything else to say other than, wow!
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:36 am

AJ - don't even bother. When someone is so lock-step bound in a mindset (as I am about Bush), it'll never change.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ohlia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:49 am

I not familiar with Chuck Hagel or his politics either, but in all fairness I think just like everyone, he should be given a chance; whether he is capable or not, we’ll never know if he’s not allowed a voice. After all what kind of democracy would America be?
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:11 pm

I agree, bermbits. I'm also in one mindset about Dubya. But if my leader did something that i was not happy with i would criticise him for it. I've always been very vocal about Blair and his stance in Iraq, i voted for Blair because the Labour Party is good for this country, but i don't agree with sending our troops to fight in a war that isn't of our making.

To be critical of your leader is the sign of a true democracy, to follow everything your leader says and does without question is the sign of fascism and communism. It's the "you're either with us or against us" mentality. And it stinks :!:
[/quote]
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Politics and Government