Fox News get it wrong as usual

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Fox News get it wrong as usual

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:56 pm

Now it's not like Faux News to pick up instantly on any attack on a Democrat, i mean come on isn't Faux News a good news station that never gets things wrong and always looks at both sides objectively? :yikes:

Well, imagine my surprise when i read that Faux News had picked up the story that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school. Faux News instantly claimed this school was called a "madrassa" and was used to teach the most fundamentalist form of Islam. So you can imagine the red faces when CNN actually bothered to check the story and found it was at worst a pack of lies and at best really amateur reporting. Obama has acknowledged he attended a Muslim school, this is not news. But when CNN actually visited the school in in Indonesia, were Obama lived as a child, from 1967 to 1971. They found the school was Muslim but found it was as fundamentalist as i'm Christian, and i'm about as far from being a Christian as you can get! The school wasn't overly religious as there were Christians, Buddhists, and also Confucian children attending. I have a funny feeling that a "madrassa" would be pretty strict on who they let in.

Faux News then reported that another News source had found the people who fed them this bogus information was connected to Senator Clinton. Only Faux News could make a link between both Democratic candidates in the same story. I mean the way they fell on this story like a pack of dogs with no checks is irresponsible. You would think a bipartisan news agency like Faux would be more careful, this just makes them look like a fascist right wing station, and surely that can't be right. :lol:
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:21 pm

Actually, the Fox News one is probably more accurate. After all, it has a much better track record than the Communist News Network.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:14 am

Mmmmm, let me weed out the agenda and try and find what you meant. So you think Faux News by getting it wrong were more accurate than CNN who got it right? :hmm:

CNN has probably made lots of mistakes, i don't really know, there are no news agency's anywhere who have not made mistakes or had to retract a story at one time or another. But i very much doubt that Faux News has a better track record, not after seeing this. They jumped on a story without even checking if it was true or correct. Their agenda based journalism made them blind to the actual facts. That's very amateur journalism!
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Politics and Government