The Foundation is Being Laid...

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

The Foundation is Being Laid...

Postby bermbits » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:08 pm

"General says U.S. has proof Iran arming Iraqi militias"

"Bush 'spoiling for a fight' with Iran - US officials in Baghdad and Washington are expected to unveil a secret intelligence "dossier" this week detailing evidence of Iran's alleged complicity in attacks on American troops in Iraq. The move, uncomfortably echoing Downing Street's dossier debacle in the run-up to the 2003 Iraq invasion, is one more sign that the Bush administration is building a case for war."
(Rest of the article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldbriefing ... 32,00.html )

So, anyone want to start a pool when the 'festivities' begin?
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:37 pm

WHat depth? 6ft? 10ft? :lol:

Seriously, we may have to deal with the mess Jimmy Carter (D) started. We could bomb them further into the Stone Age than they already are. Israel surely has plans. Heck, as long as we secretly let them use our airbases and carriers, the US may not have to officially get involved at all.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby ohlia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm

This is even more reason for all foreign soldiers to leave Iraq with haste.

You never know who will run to their assistance. China is not to be trusted; they are undermining and conniving, and set to do whatever they want too. Remember they have USA up their craw so ...
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 am

US officials in Baghdad and Washington are expected to unveil a secret intelligence "dossier" this week detailing evidence of Iran's alleged complicity in attacks on American troops in Iraq.

Wasn't it secret intelligence that got us into the quagmire that is Iraq in the first place? Wasn't it non existent evidence that was used as the excuse to go to war in Iraq? Yup, it certainly sounds as if Dubya is spoiling for another invasion. Lets just hope he doesn't bite off more than he can chew, for all our sakes!
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:40 pm

The shrub bit off more than he could chew almost four years ago. Period.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Skinjob » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:20 pm

The Truman administration made a mess out of the Korean war, and lost it. Now we have to deal with a situation that the Democrats should have fixed over 50 years ago when they were in power. A nuclear North Korea.

Again, the Carter administration took a country that was friendly to the United States and not only turned it into an enemy, but turned it into a nuclear Iran.

In 1976 America trained Iranian Air Force personnel on our bases. I was stationed with some of them at Kelly, AFB, Texas. They were friendly and pro-American. Today they live in tyranny.

Now, there is no change in the Democrats losing attitude, and again they are caught philosophically in a closed-loop. The farther they get from their goal, the more they double their efforts.
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby bermbits » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm

They're all Bozos on the Washington bus!
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:35 am

There is still no proof that Iran has nuclear WMD.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 am

Also it's easy to blame the past, and say what could have been. But why when Dubya had the chance to do something about the clear and present danger that is North Korea, did he instead invade a nation that was no threat at all? As bermbits has said, all politicians are gutless cowards no matter what side of the fence they sit on.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:05 pm

AJRC_CS wrote:There is still no proof that Iran has nuclear WMD.

There's more than there is for global warming. :teach:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Bedford wrote:There's more than there is for global warming.

Mmmmm, now who should we believe, the worlds leading scientists or Bedford's political agenda? :roll:

Also, you show me the proof that shows Iran has nuclear WMD and i'll remind you of the proof that showed Iraq had WMD and was a threat to America. :teach:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:10 pm

Uh, guys, who needs proof? Come on, now...

The Decider will decide!
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Those scientists also have an agenda; grant money and politics.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Skinjob » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:19 am

The blather about global warming is not coming from leading scientists, it's coming from leftist politicians with an anti-American agenda. If you look at the pros and cons of global warming, it runs on politcal party lines, not science.
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby AJRC_CS » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 am

This isn't CereScape, Skinjob. Could you at least try to stick to the topic!
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby StVandal » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:34 am

Global warming is a fact.. that isn't disputed.
Here's a site where you can see before and after photos of glaciers spanning about 100 years. http://www.livescience.com/php/multimedia/imagegallery/igviewer.php?imgid=626&gid=42&index=0
Whether or not it's caused by humans seems to be what is in debate, though. The most recent acceleration in global temperature coincides with carbon released by humans since the industrial revolution in the 1800s. The amount that humans are releasing carbon into the atmosphere now is higher than any other time in the Earth's history.. which is about 4.5 billion years. (Or 6,000 years if you're retarded).

As for war with Iran? Why not! Let's invade everyone!
Seriously.. I think Bush's "secret dossiers" are complete bullshit. Just like the Iraqi WMD program one. Why even bother inventing these little fantasies? Just invade. You're gunna do it anyway.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Skinjob » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:39 pm

How much has the mean temperature of the earth changed in the last 100 years?

The fact is, there hasn't been any warming, unless you are worried about .3 of 1 degree.

Again, the dynamic earth goes through many cycles. Global warming, and global cooling are natural phenomena that go on all the time. Global Warming is a political football, that's all.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:35 am

StVandal wrote:As for war with Iran? Why not! Let's invade everyone!

I hope we don't, StVandal. I know in truth that Dubya probably will, a final hateful legacy to confirm his position as one of the worst presidents in American history. I honestly believe it could be the worst mistake he could ever make. In fact i hope there isn't any we, i hope Britain will not follow America into a war for more oil reserves. The troops are stretched thin as it is, with another war it will stretch the troops to breaking point. Lets see if his surge does anything useful first, i think if that's a complete failure as with everything else Dubya has done in Iraq, then i think Iran will wait.

Also, don't bother arguing about global warming, the double standards from the extremists are legendary. To say global warming is purely political is one of the biggest double standards there is. Simply put, the people who refuse to acknowledge global warming do it not out of ignorance, but out of greed. They know that if their nation had to cut it's CO2 emissions it would drastically cut that nations economy. Hence the cries of anti-American from the extremists whenever global warming is mentioned.

So the biggest political football is always theirs. And to think most extremists are Christian! Isn't greed (Avarice), a deadly sin! Ooops, they had better start praying for forgiveness. :lmao2:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Skinjob » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Global warming is a leftist sop. It has more to do with politics than it does science. The earth is dynamic and always goes through cycles. When that nut case, Al Gore, speaks about Global Warming you know it's BS. He talks environment, but does just the opposite. His zinc processing plant received several citations for polluting the river.

Three 10ths of 1 degree is nothing to get alarmed about. In fact, there is enough error in measurement of the earth's mean temperature to accomodate that.

Also, if the ice caps are melting, when is it going to show? I live near the beach, and the water level is the same as it was 31 years ago when I moved here. (The earth goes through regular cooling and warming, and it is drastic enough to cause multiple Ice Ages.

CO2 emissions? CO2 is important, without it we would all die, and it takes lots of it. Plants and trees process it, and in return deliver oxygen to the atmosphere. It's called "Photosynthesis". Trees breath CO2. bhttp://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/fa ... ookPS.html

Also, certain areas of the globe are appreciably cooler than they were before. Arkansas is an example. The regions that used to be good for producing cotton, are not working because of climate change over time. It's getting cooler and pushing the cotton belt farther south.

The inane blather from obnoxious leftists, especially those in Europe, has no basis in fact, only agenda; and that agenda is sinister towards America.

As I said, global warming is a political football, and it's food for the Bubbas.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 pm

Fortunately for BF, there is one person on here that can be considered a scientist, and that is me.

I have taken several graduate level climatology courses, and am aware of all the details. The Earth has warming and cooling cycles throughout its life. Global Warming fearmongering is out of line, meant to sway the ignorant to give up rights and money. It is a false religion.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Next

Return to Politics and Government