The Foundation is Being Laid...

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Postby bermbits » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:59 am

"...meant to sway the ignorant to give up rights and money."

To get back closer to topic, this sounds like Bush and Iraq.

Did you just hear $12 billion dollars in cash was sent to Iraq and is currently unaccounted for?

"Who in their right minds would send 360 tons of cash into a war zone?" asked a Representative. "But that's exactly what our government did," he said.

"They were handing out tons of cash from the back of pick up trucks," said another, arguing the Bush administration lacked a plan for the post-Saddam effort.

BTW - for every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:24 am

Bedford, not to burst your little fantasy, but you wouldn't be considered a scientist in a dirt poor country where they worship bundles of sticks and believe electricity is a form of magic, much less here.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that you don't have even a 10th the education you keep flouting, seeing as very little you spout off makes any logical sense at all. It's not that you've spouted off about it once; you keep doing so.. repeatedly.. as if to reassure yourself that that little fantasy is real and to remind us not to think, just to accept what your saying.. because you "have all your groundwork on a Ph.D.". It's pretty pathetic. Getting a Ph.D. isn't doing "groundwork". Getting a Ph.D. means that you have learned everything there is to know about a specific field.. but most importantly; it also means that you must extend the knowledge in that field. You at the very least counted on the people you lie to not know that. "Groundwork"? Yeah.. lame.

You never really post many facts that have any solid basis in reality.. that's when you even bother posting anything but blanket statements about things you know very little about beyond your own muddled and confused opinion. Seriously Bedford, you could never in the farthest reaches of the imagination be considered a scientist. To have the audacity make a statement like that does injustice to anyone who works in the field who actually study and work hard and know what they're doing.
I remember a while back asking my most recent girlfriend, a scientist in two different fields (one of them being relevant here, a geophysicist) about a post you had made on global warming. She read it and said "No, this isn't right at all.. don't bother arguing, this guy's an idiot." And no, I had never mentioned you before, so she formed her own, highly educated opinion of you independently of my own.

It really annoys me when jerks like you invent little charades, putting themselves in a station of higher recognition and accomplishment in life than they deserve. You are no scientist. You are no professor. Your place isn't judging that science is wrong simply because the factual evidence points toward a logical outcome that disagrees with your askew political agenda. You should concentrate on something more mundane and manageable for yourself; like rearranging your pokemon card collection in your mother's basement.
Last edited by StVandal on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:51 am

Bedford wrote:Fortunately for BF, there is one person on here that can be considered a scientist, and that is me.

I don't believe you, Bedford. You, considered a scientist? :uhuh: This coming from someone who wants another 3000 Americans killed in a 9/11 type terrorist attack so you can say "ha ha ha see what happens when you vote Democrat, i told you not to vote for them." :baby:

Also, sorry bermbits that your post was hijacked by the flamebaiters. This has got way off topic, it happened all the time on CereScape and it was always because of the same person, naming no names. I will add nothing more to their flamebait about global warming, i will rise above them. It's all a logical fallacy anyway, "Appeal to Belief."

So back to topic once again. I don't doubt that Dubya had no plans whatsoever for Iraq post-Saddam. The hanging of Saddam was like everything else in Iraq, it was failed propaganda. 112 American troops died before Saddam was killed and 84 died after, Saddam's death really had an impact didn't it? :sigh:

The fact that the republican good old boy network made sure Halliburton got all the major contracts in Iraq, makes me numb to any news that $12 billion has gone missing. It's not a sum of money you can lose easily, is it? So someone must know where it is, and what it's being used for.

But like the good man said, who the hell sends that amount of cash into a war zone? One of Americas worst presidents and his crooked administration that's who! Dubya can't even clean up his own country, so why the hell was $12 billion sent to Iraq when it could have been put to much better use back home? There's corruption at work here, the stench of it has been permeating the world since 2000. Hopefully the Democrats will start an investigation into this and find out where the money went and to who.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:43 am

Same old, same old.

My education credentials are backed up by a simple Google search.

Y'all are too blinded by hate. But the good news is that for the first time the GOP has decent leadership in the form of Mitch McConnell, and he's stopping the Democrat's idiocy cold, using the same tactics Reid did before.

It's a beautiful thing.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:47 am

Not hate, Beford. Just incredulous disbelief.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:48 am

Oh, it's hate all right, paired with massive gullibility and ignorance.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:49 am

Whose hating now? :D
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:09 am

Frost wrote "...knowing how way leads on to way," which I fully understand, so it's okay when things move away from the starting point - sometimes what is revealed is worth the diversion and of equal or greater interest.

Anyhow, I have tried to refrain from personal comments, but it is becoming more and more difficult. To me, true science is based in facts - whether something is provable/observable or not. True intelligence to me is being able to discard something you have believed in your entire life in the face of new information or evidence.

All I can say in response to what I have read earlier here is I bet the Holocaust didn't happen either.

"The bookful blockhead, ignorantly read,
With loads of learned lumber in his head."
~Alexander Pope
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Skinjob » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:14 pm

True science is not based on facts. Science is based on two things, "Empiricism" and "Rationalism". Combined, those make up "Scientific Method".

Empiricism consists of simulation of the senses, evidence, and "Inductive Logic".
Since our senses are limited and imperfect, we are often deceived, so Empiricism is not well equiped to separate fact from fancy.

Rationalism consists of mind, reason, and "Deductive Logic".
Rational theories change all the time. Many ideas that were self evident at one time in history are considered BS now. For instance, considering the earth as the center of the solar system was hot stuff, and people believed it as fact.

Thirty years ago the environmentalists were playing to the Bubbas with "Global Cooling", and they all swore that science proved that the planet was cooling due to mankind. How much "truth" is in any of it when it is polluted with politics, and flawed with opinion?

Science is a tool. Nothing from science is ever written in stone, so to speak, and it changes all the time. In my time line many scientific theories have gone down. One went down while I was in electronics school; and that was the idea that electricity flowed from + (positive) to - (negative). It was known as "Common Flow" theory. During the transition to "Electron Flow" theory, all the books and schematics had to be changed. It was confusing to say the least, because nothing changes over night, and the manuals for many electronic devices were still in Common Flow terminology. We all know now that electricity flows from negative to positive; but for how long will that "fact" hold?
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby StVandal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Bedford wrote:Oh, it's hate all right, paired with massive gullibility and ignorance.

haha.. that's like saying this statement is both "flippant misdirected and flatulent." Do you have a random adjective wheel you spin for describing things you don't like?

And "hate" Bedford? Really? I wouldn't even consider it. It'd be a complete waste of time and effort. It's pity, Bedford. You have earned nothing but my pity.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Skinjob » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:19 pm

You use your "pity" as a weapon, and that has nothing to do with pity. You can call it "pity", but if it's "Hate.........
Sixty miles per gallon? Not really. Cheap? Nope. Phoney and stupid? Yes, the Prius is global warming on 4 wheels.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby bermbits » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:56 am

Posted elsewhere, but appropriate here as well:

""To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture." Thomas Paine
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:15 am

That pretty much sums them up, bermbits. :D
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Silke » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 am

to be a "scientist" holds no honour for me. Really. All you need to be a scientist is doing research on your selected field and come up with some conclutions. Most scientists need someone to pay the bill and those paying the bill want a certain outcome they can use, and so whatever results come of your research, make sure it can be used for this or that cause. How you word it decides what people think you found out, not the real facts.

Never belive science until you know who is paying for it and what political agendaes they have. A scientist isn't one who knows all in his/hers field, they are trying to find out more, for one or another reason. those who know goes by diffrent names that require an education, like folklorists or someother fancy things, depending on field.

Let's say that some researchers found that 1 of every 10 students diched classes to the point of failing their courses. How can we put up that information?

10 % of students fail class due ditching.
1 of 10 students fail class due ditching.
90% of all students have no extreame problem with ditching.

these are just some examples of how I can put up "science" for it to fit my purpose. I can give it more or less flair as I choose and depending on what I want to do with it. Is the reason for this research to get resources for fighting the problem? do I want the problem to seem less than it is? do I want it to seem more?

"One in every four samies feel discriminated" - negative.
"Three of four samies feel comforteble in their work" - better.

Noticed how I in none of these examples say where I did the research? how many were asked? is it national, international or somewhere restrected, like a town? it does however give the media and politicians something to play with, and I wouldn't be suprised if they payed for it.

be a scientist if you want beddie. payed off politicians.
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Skinjob » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Very good, Bermbits, and absolutely correct.

""To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture." Thomas Paine

But, who on this forum fits that quote? I don't know of anyone here who has "renounced the use and authority of reason." I see the arguments based on different sources of information.

If I believed in every poster's sources as fact, then there would be no argument; Paine was correct. But, I hold the sources often held near and dear to people as junk; and political, not science and not reason.

For instance, on the topic of Global Warming, when is the warming going to happen, and how will they measure it effectively? I don't want "Appeal to Authority" from some political hack, I want to know the facts; and that is the authority of reason, not blather.

In addition to that, if the polar caps are melting, as they've done in the past cycles, when is the ocean going to rise? I've lived here for nearly 31 years, and the ocean is the same now as it was before. Some subdivisions have hundreds of houses that were built hardly 6 feet above mean sea level, and nothing has changed.

I don't care what anyone says, show me higher water, and warmer temperatures. They can't, and they have not. Man caused global warming is bullshit, and it does not make any difference how many people believe it.
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:40 am

Lawyer: The case for the prosecution rests.
Judge: Do you have a verdict?
Jury: Guilty! :D
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Skinjob » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:06 pm

"The First Casualty Of War Is Truth."
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

Postby jakimbro » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 am

Same old Bedford. Thanks to you i have stayed away from this site for a month. Whats the use of arguing with idiots like you? I'm much happier now and i doubt I'll be back anytime soon.

You loathsome worm, I pity you.

:lol:
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:36 am

:lmao2:

I pity you too. All those times you competed in the Special Olympics, and no medals to show for it. I feel sorry for you.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Skinjob » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Bedford, "Hire the handicapped, because they're fun to watch." ::lol::
Skinjob
Hero Of The Day

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Government