Cheney's in charge!

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:45 am

Actually, so would i meadow. I remember hearing when i was young, that anyone could be President of the US. In reality that isn't the case, but i think Obama as President could make people think that no matter what colour or background you have, you could be leader of your country.

I'd like to see all the right wing extremists reaction to a African American President. Has there ever been a case of burning crosses on the White House lawn? :tongue:
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 pm

well, as long as you are over 35 and born of American parents here in America...you can technically run for President.

eh, don't lump the KKK and cross burnin' in with the Republicans. they are more chicken than doing something so bold. i'm sure you mean it metaphorically but in this country equating politicians with such a heinous organization/acts would be like comparing your PM to Hitler...roughly.

i'm hoping this election will help inspire the younger people again like we were in 1992. i hope more will register to vote and take a bigger part and role with our government. i hope we get candidates that really make good debates and get people moving.

the idea that we could get a President willing to move out of Iraq and into places we are actually needed [like Darfur and the African continent] and wanted. we opened Pandora's Box in Iraq...we should get out while we still can!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:24 pm

WHy should we be in Darfur? EVery reason that is given for being in Darfur is a reason to stay in Iraq.

The only difference is: the US has nothing to gain in Darfur. That pretty much shows that those who want us in Darfur, who by and large don't wnt us in Iraq, are simply anti-US, and should thus be ignored.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:50 am

meadow, i've never seen the extreme right wing as republican! They are pantomime republicans, saying things not because they believe in what they're saying, but saying things for effect. The biggest Internet trolls are always right wing extremists. They are an affront to most true republicans.

I'm hoping the elections do get the voters off their arses and out there voting. Too often it seems in America only the elderly gun nuts vote, and you end up with another Dubya. But the elections last November saw a huge increase in voter turnout, so hopefully that turnout will be even bigger in November 08, and your country will get the President it deserves not the President the elderly gun nuts want.

I'd like to see America and my country as it's ally going back to the old role of policing the world. Going where there's the greatest need for a superpower's help. We should get away from the greed and corruption that 99.9% of the world now sees as the reason behind Iraq, and get back to helping those who really need our troops there.

Obama is saying he will pull out the troops if he's elected, as are the conservatives in my country. The times they are a changing, and this time it's for the better!
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:46 am

Bedford: so oil and money are the only reasons and justifications for helping people then? starving, genocide and displacement aren't??? fuck you dude! by the way....the Government of Sudan is TRAINING Janjaweed in good old military camps....just like Al-Qaeda!!! and guess what kind of people they are?

Muslims. Arab Muslims.

and they aren't just staying in Darfur and Sudan.

you know NOTHING about Sudan, obviously, because your ignorance of the natural resources of Sudan are apparent. too bad China is realizing it and exploiting them for all their worth.

luckily, in 2008 people like you will have no say in our government. and people who are good people who care about humanity will be. and then the genocide will be over for good.

i mean it's not like it's concentration camps. right? it's just millions of starving people left out in the hot, dry desert and buried right away! if you can't see it, it must not exist!!!!!

i knew you were a total idiot about what goes on outside your "bubble" but now everyone else on this forum can see you for what you are: a racist, a bad human being and someone who doesn't deserve to live in a country like this.

loving the United States doesn't mean ONLY CARING ABOUT SOMEONE IN THE UNITED STATES, YOU TOTAL F***ING IDIOT!

*shakes head in horror and walks away* i'm just flabbergasted people like you still fucking exist.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:52 am

Andy: i really think you don't have a true understanding of how our system works and what a Republican is and isn't. the same is true for me with that whole "Labour" thing and the "Tory" thing. i've studied it but it still baffles me. i think your view of the voting contigent of the USA is a little off but it's fairly typical for people who don't live in the USA. i'm not putting you down for it, i just see that you might not really get it.

oh, being a right wing extremist has NOTHING to do with being an Internet troll. Internet trolls appear to lean more to the right wing extremist portion of the scale only because they are used to be vocal and jerks. :) there are PLENTY of left wing, tree hugging, holding hands and singing Kumbaya trolls on the Internet. i see them every day on LiveJournal and MySpace and other forums. they just tend to want to troll for a bigger reason than just "i'm right, you aren't and you suck!" we have what we call "boob nazis" who are rabid, adamant breastfeeding mothers who literally stalk women who don't choose to breast-feed to tell them how horrible they are as mothers. no lie, it's nasty. a little funny but mostly a lot nasty!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:44 am

Meadow, you are proving my point. It is stupid to go into Darfur. You want to see Americans die when the US has nothing to gain. You have nothing to offer but hate for yourself, for your country, and for those who are obviously more intelligent than yourself (me). Darfur is just another shallow quick fix for the immoral and stupid to feel good, instead of actually trying to do good, which is what is being done in Iraq.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:35 am

I rest my case, meadow. :teach:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 am

meadow, i've met many republicans here and over in the US, none of them are anything like the runamuck's and sundance's of this world. But i agree i don't know the intricacies of your system. What i do know is that the people who only come on talk forums such as this one to cause discord are of the right wing persuasion. Our friend here is the perfect example.

I've gone back over CS looking for a quote and it seems to describe the right wing troll to perfection.

"Fucking pathetic housebound losers with no sense of humour who sit on the Internet all day because no one can stand them in real life and taking pride in their ignorance and lack of intelligence while stubbornly refusing to learn anything worthwhile and spending their time trolling Q&A forums and generally being pus-filled warts on the arse of society."

About Darfur. The UN is still pissing about trying to come to some sort of agreement while people are still dying. It's a travesty that the security council for all the power it supposedly has, is powerless to stop a small nation from committing genocide. The UN has said it's going to send 26,000 troops to Darfur, but when this will happen is anyone's guess.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6915124.stm

As you've stated, meadow. China is Sudan's largest trading partner and the main foreign investor in Sudan's huge oil industry, and has been since 1999. America and Britain withdrew their oil companies because of pressure from human rights organisations, Chinese companies have turned a blind eye to the brutal way in which Sudan forced a huge percentage of the population from oil-rich lands without any compensation. China is benefiting hugely from Sudan's oil, with no war to fight the Chinese are laughing all the way to the bank. Obviously the less, i would say intelligent, but lets go with informed, know nothing of what they talk of. All they know is what happens in their back yard, mind you i doubt they even know that much.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:04 pm

oh, Bedford...go rub on your penguin or something. you prove your stupidity here time and time and time again. sometimes doing the right thing means gaining NOTHING but the knowledge you are doing right for humanity. but, since you aren't HUMAN...you know...being all IMMORTAL and a PENGUIN...why worry yourself with these petty moral concerns?

Andy: i agree to a point. however being a women i see just as many stupid left wing hippie idiots who are obsessed with children. especially on LiveJournal. but yes, on this forum and other previous forums they do tend to lean more to your stereotype.

i just love how it's okay to literally stand by and let MILLIONS of Africans die because of ideological stupidity. it's a damn shame that everyone on this forum isn't totally outraged and fighting hard for the people of Sudan, not just Darfur, but the ones in the southern portion [Animist and Christian Black Africans] that spend TWENTY YEARS fighting a vicious civil war with the Arab Muslim North that are African but not "too dark". oh, millions of people displaced isn't anyone's problem!

well...when China decides to march on the USA i'll sit there laughing my ass off. because it could happen. they have a billion people and the support of a lot of countries that everyone else has done fuck-all for. like Sudan...which is training "insurgents" right now as i type this!

oh, but don't worry! those pesky Africans will all be dead by each other's hands soon. and we won't have to worry or care or bother. i mean, that's what they deserve, correct? they don't deserve human rights because they aren't really human...i mean they're just black Africans! of course they are Christian, Animist, Muslim and all sorts of other religious views. or worse...Communists, Marxists or some kind of left wing! yep, those damn Africans surely deserve to have their entire villages decimated by "flenchette" bombs dropped by Anatov planes! people who don't even know what a white American actually looks like!!!

yep. they deserve it...cause you know...they and their country "have nothing to offer us."

cause that's the only reason you agree to help humanity. because of what they'll GIVE you...or better yet...that you can STEAL AND PLUNDER!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Bush has done more to help fight AIDS in Africxa than any other American president, and what credit did he get? Nothing. That's what he got. Therefore, screw Africa.

Anyone who believes we should be in Darfur should go volunteer over there. But since it would be ridiculous for the USA to be involved, the US should not be over there.

Besides, had Bush never gone to Iraq, but instead went to Dargfur, we would now be hearing you and AJRC demonize Bush for going into Darfur, and that we should have gone to Iraq instead, as y'all are nothing more than programmable robots, incapable of rational thought.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:45 pm

no, he has not. that's propagandizing bullshit. he's actually done more to set back the African continent than any other President. period.

i'm actually more in favor of the UN going in there backed with US support. i would HAPPILY go over and work in Darfur. i never advocated the US going into Darfur [actually, rightfully Sudan] directly. but our government needs to definitely buck up, do the right fucking thing and get the UN to send their peacekeeping force, impose sanctions not only on the Sudan but China as well, and get humanitarian aid ASAP into the worst region which right now is Darfur. however, there are still hundreds of thousands who are refugees from the Sudanese Civil War that lasted over 20 years.

but you know that already, right? i'm sure you can name [without Googling or any other research] the so called "President" of the Sudan. as well as any other African country, right? i'm sure you know the Sudanese struggles during that 20 year Sudanese Civil War, right? i'm sure you can cite the FACTS of that struggle without Googling.

right?

oh, i know! Africa doesn't matter so you don't need to know those things. that's the best excuse i'm sure you'll come up with.

so please, now wow me with your deep understanding of Sudan, it's history and the name of it's President. WITHOUT using Google, any other search engine or any encyclopedia available online or offline. :lol: i'm sure you could do that, right? i mean, you are the smartest man EVARRRR, correct?

:hysterical:

oh, and i'd be very, very interested in where you got your African AIDS information from. i can't WAIT to see that!!!!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 pm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 129-1.html

Meadow, you have been PWNED!!!

(Not where I got the info, as it was in the news; I guess meadow didn't get it when she got her daily dose of haterade.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:42 am

No more food for the troll.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:06 am

WHITEHOUSE.GOV???

seriously, that is the fucking source you give?

oh, and you still haven't answered my actual question. but then again...you watchin' the "news" [and no, Fox News don't count.] and then giving a FOUR AND A HALF YEAR OLD SOURCE. isn't answering that question EITHER.

so go on, tell me without any other outside sources, online or not, "news" or not...who is the "President" of the Sudan. i mean, cause you know soooooo much about Darfur, Sudan and what we should and shouldn't be doing on the African continent!!!! in fact...i'll challenge you to name any other African leader other than South Africa, Egypt, Libya or Zimbabwe. i double dog triple dare you.

*LOL*

and hey Andy, do you know? :wink:
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Yogi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:01 am

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default

As much as I dislike Microsoft, Bill Gates (and Warren Buffet now) as individuals seem to have done more for Africa and world health in general than president Bush and the entire United States government.

Hmmm. I wonder how a Gates/Buffet ticket would go over in 2008. :biggrin:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby meadow » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:21 am

i would vote for Warren Buffett for anything. that man is a truly amazing American hero. and he did it the right way because he helps those that need it. Gates? not so sure...i do not like his monopoly with Micro$oft but i feel he's not too bad because he's taken that fortune and poured it back into the lives of the poverty stricken. his wife, Melinda, has been instrumental in the creation of their foundation. she's definitely a hero.

but Warren Buffett is a total sock rocker! the next round of books on my list has him on there!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:54 am

and i'm still waiting!!!

gee, what a total surprise.

not really. i didn't expect anything less from such a wuss.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Previous

Return to Politics and Government