VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2008

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2008

Postby jakimbro » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:08 am

Vote Republican in 2008

Assuming there is an election- if Bush-Cheney fail in thier next 9/11 coup - then I suggest voting Republican.

I will now wait till you recover from shock. Yes, I said that. Vote for the GOP bastards this time again. BECAUSE...

In Robert Graves excellent fictional Claudius series - about the rise of the Roman Empire- we witness the life Of Claudius - deemed an idiot- he was actually a staunch believer in the Old Roman Republic. Claudius opposed the world spanning empire of Rome that was wielded together under Emperor Augustus and the book chronicles the rise of Roman tyrants like Tiberias and Caligula. Being a member of the Julian-Claudian family fate takes a turn and makes Claudius an Emperor as well. And he resolves to repair all the damage done by the earlier tyrants and set Rome right again.

Claudius does a good job. The Roman Empire thrives- and too late Claudius realizes at the end of his life that he has aided and abetted the very Imperial government he despises. He has actually destroyed any chance that Rome will ever be a republic again. Too late he realizes the problem was not to fix the system- but allow the corruption and decadence of Rome to continue its natural decay. His last act before being poisoned by his rivals was to name his heir- so he picked the rottenest most evil man he had ever met- the Emperor Nero. An Emperor so wicked that his name lives on infamy. This was his gift to the roman Empire.

And so we stand in our republic today. You know the score- one corrupt power mad adminstration has succeed in eliminating most of our basic human rights in a mythic war on terror. The crimes they have commited include destroying America's reputation around the world, shredding the Constitution; splintering our military and causing a million deaths in the middle east in a war we were lied to about. (To name a few of Bushs' fuck ups) ..and now '08 is coming at us- and the urge to vote for a democrat to fix up all this fucked up shit is almost overwhelming.

But I say don't do it. We already know Bush, Cheney, Rove and all their pals are NOT going to be impeached or anything for war crimes...they will suffer no punishments at all for lying to congress or murdering so many civilians or lying to everyone or just causing grief to so many families across this land. Let them Get away. Let them live in infamy.

And then hand the reigns of power over to the next GOP pervert who makes it through the election primaries. Because the system is broken and its ONLY by letting it get worse - will some people wake up to how bad its ALREADY gotten! The next stooge- er- president should not have a carte blanche to do whatever they want with the constitution. But he /she will. Not one iota of IMPERIAL power will be lost to them. The goverment will still have suspended habeous Corpus. There will still have free speech zones, there will still be a war on terror, and endless wars will still be raging in the Middle east- unless some do gooder democrat heals the Empire and makes it all better- just like Claudius.

Instead we should vote Republican. And we should let them fuck it up worse than it ever has been before. And make sure the Republicans take the rap for it. They built the gallows, they hung the noose- now let them swing from it. Don't let them bait and switch a democrat to be the scapegoat. Uh uh. It was the GOP that screwed over America. And this time- lets make sure they stay and pay the piper.

Otherwise -in four years- a renewed GOP will rise up from the ashes and blame everything on the democrats- just like they always do. And there will be no change. Just more rot and decay.

We deserve better than this. America is better than this. But its got to get much much worse- before it will ever get any better. And trust the Republicans to FUCK it up as it has never been fucked before. Its what they do. Its a gift. Their gift to America.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 am

I honestly don't think Dubya and Cheney will carry on past 2008. I mean Cheney should be running for office as the incumbent Vice President, but the GOP aren't stupid, well not totally anyway. They know that the public hate Cheney and everything he stands for, so therefore he's not running. An incumbent Vice President not running is unheard of in a very long time, just shows how much damage Dubya and his corrupt administration have already done to the GOP.

The only problem i can see with voting GOP in 2008, is that the GOP have realised that the right wing is not a good place to be anymore and are scuttling over towards the middle to join the Dems. Only Hillary Clinton and Fred Thompson are anything like Liberal and conservative respectively. All the rest of the front runners Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Barack Obama and John Edwards are all moderates. Voting for either party will bring about the same thing in my opinion as both are now almost indistinguishable.

But i also don't think voting GOP would bring about the downfall of the GOP, i think Dubya has done as much damage to the GOP that any one fu*king moron can do in 8 years. As i stated earlier the GOP aren't that stupid, they won't allow another Dubya.

The only thing that you can be sure of is that the right wing lose no matter what. They obviously follow party lines but still get a moderate, they lose. They vote for someone more right wing, but waste their vote and still get a moderate, they lose. As i said almost a year ago on CS, 2008 will be seen as a victory for moderates and Liberals the world over. I'm not saying there will be huge changes, but the right wing will be muted and it's growth stunted, and we can all laugh at them, well laugh more at them because the last 7 years have been one laugh riot. :lol:
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:39 pm

:lmao2:

The whole reason the GOP lost in 2006 is that they abandoned the right in favor of Bush's big tent, try to get along with Democrats, approach. The USA is a conservative country, and a true conservative can win.

The Democrats will long for the days of Bush, as he let them get away with things that they should not have gotten away with.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby jakimbro » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:49 am

On second thought - don't vote at all. It only encourages them. Besides there's probably a sports game on somewhere. Go 'Noles!

:lol:

Oh and Bedford- My God- you are soooooo full of sh*t.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby ohlia » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:11 am

Bedford wrote:The Democrats will long for the days of Bush, as he let them get away with things that they should not have gotten away with.
:shock: :bs: :moon: :bs: :deadhorse: :bs:
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 pm

I'd really like to see Ron Paul's name get on the ballot.

http://www.RonPaul2008.com just in case you haven't made up your mind.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby jakimbro » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:24 pm

I'd really like to see Ron Paul's name get on the ballot.

Janet- I agree with you. but we got a mindset in this country of two political parties and only two parties ever. I blame the media. They don't ever mention any ohter candiddates but the big two. You have to really research it if youwant to even know who the Libertarians are.

Another reason not to vote.

:biggrin:
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:08 am

Heck, I voted for the Libertarian candidate the last two times Dick Lugar (R-IN) was up. If either of the two main parties went bye-bye, the Libertarians are the most likely to step up.

The history of the USA is two party rule, and when one breaks up the other one fractures into two different ones, as the election of 1824 illustrates and in many ways the formation of the Republicans in 1854.

A successful third-party candidate in the US has to siphon enough votes from both sides to win, as shown by Jesse Ventura in 1998 (Minn gov) and Lieberman in 2006. The only exception is Bernie Sanders, who is basically a Democrat that is just honest about what their intentions are.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:51 am

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:08 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heck, I voted for the Libertarian candidate the last two times Dick Lugar (R-IN) was up.

Well that's weird. I thought you'd vote republican even if it was some pervert caught live on youtube fucking baby jesus. Live and learn.

:neutral:
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby solana » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:30 am

I am fed up with both parties.....

The republicans have no conscience and the Dems no guts..

BAH!
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:53 am

It's all a scam- the whole election thing. Look at the last one- the democrats won back congress on the promise they would do something about Bush and the war- and nothing is being doone or not much. True the Republicans left in congress are shooting down ideas as fast as the democrats bring them up- but why don't they inpeach the bastards? Why? Why? why?

Well let me tell you why. BECAUSE- if nobody challenges the extra-constitutional privledges that Bush -Cheney claim for themselves- the NEXT president can also claim them- and thats what they really want. Absolute power. The Constitution means nothing to them- never has. Its about money and about power- and the congressmen are there to grab as much as they can with both hands.

Thats what its all about.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:54 am

Well, Lugar has a bad tendency to act like a Demiocrat sometimes, so I went with the Libertarian.

Fortunately, living next to Louisville and therefore having almost all the local TV being from Louisville, I can pretend that Mitch McConnell is my actual senator, and outside of the immigration fiasco Mitch has been fantastic this year. A truly great American who has done more than anyone for American freedom and prosperity.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby solana » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:55 am

sadly

frighteningly I agree...

I left the Dems.. and am now Independent

The all night pizza party last month finished me off...

nothing accomplished but nap time and pizza

finis
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:31 pm

http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_catego ... n_id=53298

Pengy: looked up your boy on votesmart.org. He's areal American hero alright. He never met a defense spending bill he didn't like, hates immigrants, hates the environment, refuses to help give grants to kids going to college, supports the Iraq war and supports the Military Commisions act - in which he helps take away the right of Habeous Corpus. Worse- he voted against the very recent Re-establishment of Habeous Corpus act. I wonder what perversions he has commited while in congress.

BTW- he's not only a in different county than the one you actually vote in- but a whole fucking different STATE. And you pretend to support him? Thats just fucking stupid. Its like living in a fantasy dream world- oh wait- its YOU Pengy. Nevermind. Carry on. Vote for him all you like.

Dumbass.

:lol:
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:42 pm

Pengy- more on your great American. They hate him. Here's the word from a site called:

http://www.ditchmitchky.com:

Who Is Mitch?

Mitch McConnell is Kentucky’s senior U.S. Senator and the leader of Senate Republicans.

He was elected by the slimmest of margins in 1984 on the coattails of Ronald Reagan, and with a Mitch-inflicted civil war raging in the Kentucky GOP and the stirrings of a resurgence of a progressive agenda and grassroots Democracy in the commonwealth, he is very vulnerable in 2008.

Since his election, McConnell has proudly built a reputation on influence-mongering and the placing of self, partisan politics, and party above the welfare of the nation, its institutions, and citizens.

Even more horrifying to any rational adult- This Mitch character supports Creationism in schools and has helped build the Creation Museum- the one where they show Dinosaurs and People running around together. Lewis Black aptly describes these people as "Fucking Nuts. They think the Flintstones are a documentary."

In otherwords- he's a nutball. Just like you, Pengy.
AND He's on his way out.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

All Night Pizza party

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Solana- I heard something about that- but I'm on midnight shift and thats everyday to me. What were they trying to accomplish? And did it work?

I think we should Impeach Nancy Pelosi for failing to Impeach Bush.

:roll:
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Kimbro, all the reasons you hate him is why I liked him.

Then again, your delusions allowed you to overlook the fact that I mentioned that I wished he actually was, adn that instead I pretend he is.

Besides, counties don't matter when it comes to Senators; states do. :roll:

(Yep, definitely need to find a time to make that laughing videoclip to use.)

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby jakimbro » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:05 am

Kimbro, all the reasons you hate him is why I liked him.

So everything that is good, decent and kind are things that you are opposed to? Why don't you just vote for Sauron?
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby jakimbro » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:43 am

But to keep to my original topic- good Pengy! Keep voting Republican. As many times you like. Help stuff ballot boxes, organize a few voter riots, intimidate minorities into not voting and keep the GOP on top. by any means necessary!

We need YOU, Pengy and all the other idiots like you to VOTE Republican.

VOTE Republican: LET'S MAKE THING EVEN WORSE!

Pengy- YOU are An American HERO!
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:56 am

jakimbro wrote:Pengy- YOU are An American HERO!

Ah, indeed, so true. :cool:

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Next

Return to Politics and Government