Congress goes on vacation- and stomps the 4th amendment

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:03 am

Bermbits: I have jsut read about that piece of legeslation- designed to crush dissent of Iraq war protestors- and yes it seems Bush- with the aid of the traitors in Congress has indeed repealed the fifth amendment. Its certain he'll never be challenged on it. But when will they enforce it? Will it be used to muzzle protestors like Cindy Sheehan?

I think most of the amendments are gone now- excpet the second one and I don't own a gun.

Andy: I'm at a loss to understand you when you wrote:
PWN your waddling (or warddling as pronounced on youtube)

What the heck does that mean? I'm from the 70s, don't have a cell phone and can only look at YouTube on the groovy big computers at work. I'm stumped by what you mean?
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby bermbits » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:06 am

Indirectly, let me say that I am an NRA member (tho sometimes I think they go a bit too far), so I can say that the Second Amendment is intact, tho constantly under attack.
Last edited by bermbits on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:43 am

Owning a gun might be the only right we have left- and the most important one if we are to withstand a Bush tyranny. I've often thought I should go get one legally while I still can. But then I think I might go off and try to use it on You Know Who. And that would probably get me killed.

So I choose the pen over the sword.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby bermbits » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:54 am

I don't want to hijack here, but what you wrote is a good reason not to own a gun. When I visited an area gun shop, a fellow teacher walked in with a pistol on his hip - it was just so unusual to see someone with a sidearm displayed. He said he believed in the Second Amendment, and if we don't use it, it could disappear. I began to wonder if displaying a gun might change relationships with others and if trouble might emerge that normally wouldn't - kind of like the old West.

I have a short story percolating in my mind about what you alluded to. I find writing is a good outlet to fictionally deal with some realities.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:41 am

Everclear is a clear alcohol that has an effect similar to the ol' fashioned "moonshine" in some ways. it's very, very powerful and young men particularly enjoy adding it to big huge vats of punch or other juices to help along the "getting a girl drunk" process. it's a favorite amongst college age men in the Midwest. it's vile tasting but pretty much is tasteless when added to other liquids. and it's got about twice as much alcohol as other hard liquors, i think?
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks meadow.

Hey, I had to look up the "My Pet Goat" reference a few weeks back. It says a lot that it wasn't even the correct title of the book.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:08 am

oh, that is still funny though! AHAHAHAHAH!!! GOAT!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:18 pm

Here Pengy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Pet_Goat

It took me 30 sconds to find the reference on wikipedia.
So the the title was "The Pet Goat". I'm not the only one to get the title wrong. It speaks volumes about YOU that you pick on something so trivial AND it took you days to find the reference.

You need to stop listening to right wing hate radio- its baking your brain. Rush doesn't know shit.

And I'm not surprised at all that you know so much about Everclear. If Meadow is right and its a "Date Rape drug' -then trust your corpulent pustulous self to know all about it. Tell me- is that the only way you know the touch of a woman? By slipping it into her drink?

You sicken me.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Sorry Jerry, "PWN" means "to own someone" to "give them the smackdown" to beat them basically.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Jerry: it's more like really, really, REALLY strong alcohol that by itself tastes vile [like rubbing alcohol] but mixes great with other alcohols and especially juices/mixers. it's not like "roofies" in any sense except a lot of asinine college dudes buy it. it's usually quite cheap and quite "lethal" because most girls/people don't realize how totally strong it is until it's too late. like, you have one or two plastic cups and you are literally blacked/passed out. all before you even felt a buzz!!!

but yeah, i'm not surprised that Bedford knew exactly what it was and made that very specific comment. :D
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby jakimbro » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks Andy. Like I said- I'm not 'hip' to these cellphone/text messaging thingees... You can have them.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:29 pm

*LOL* :lol:
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:42 pm

WHat speaks volumes is that so many leftists worshipped at Michael Moore's feet, and yet he makes such simple mistakes.

Quite frankly, the "Pet Goat" is basically trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and shows the desperation leftists have to go to put blame on Bush, when instead 9/11 was the price we paid for electing Clinton.

Hell, that walking douchebag the Dems nominated in '04 admitted he was dumbstruck for 45 minutes after he heard what happened. Bush was instead cool as a cucumber.

Then again, Bush is a much better leader that Billy Boy ever was.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:55 am

:roll:
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 pm

AHAHAHAAA PET GOAT!
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Previous

Return to Politics and Government