Bill Richardson

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Bill Richardson

Postby bermbits » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:01 am

Besides Ron Paul, I am also looking closely at Bill Richardson.
I also see things with him I like.
What do you know/think about him?
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Of the Democrat candidates, he's probably the most qualified, and between him and Biden, the two who have kept their dignity. He is also the one Democrat I am worried about actually win the 2008 general election. He at least has executive experience, plus experience as one of the Clinton mafia.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:34 am

Trolling aside. I've not heard of him so did a quick Wikipedia on him.

He seems like a good guy, he's pro-choice, supports the death penalty and gun rights, and advocates affirmative action policies in government contracts. Supports the rights of the LGBT communities, has also added sexual orientation and gender identity to New Mexico's list of civil rights categories. More importantly he opposes the war in Iraq, and has called for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops from the region by the end of 2007. Obama has said something along the same lines but Richardson has said, if elected, he would leave "zero troops" in Iraq.

He sounds like a good honest, well as honest as any politician can be, centre left politician who stands up for what he believes in. Hopefully he will stand a chance as at the moment he's not that far behind in the polls. He's 8 points behind Giuliani and only one point behind Thompson. But in the democratic ranking he's still forth behind Clinton, Obama and Edwards.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Politics and Government