Giuliani's daughter 'backs Obama'

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Giuliani's daughter 'backs Obama'

Postby AJRC_CS » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:14 am

This made me laugh. Rudolph Giuliani's daughter supports Barack Obama. I mean this isn't really a surprise as Giuliani is seen by many as a moderate, but it must be very embarrassing while being one of the GOP's front runners to have your daughter come out in support of one of your main rivals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6934381.stm
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 am

i don't get the big deal. my father and i have NEVER agreed on politics. he's an avid Republican, thinks Reagan was just great and though not as narrow minded as some...he's to the right for sure. i can't remember a time where i felt the same, politically, as him. i remember being in high school and definitely NOT agreeing with his viewpoints.

the only difference is her dad is a public figure. and worse, a politician. but not every child should follow in their parent's footsteps! public figure or not!!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm

Heck, Ron Reagan has always disagreed with Ronald Reagan.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby googie egg » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:14 pm

If Rudy wasn't running himself, I think he'd likely be backing Obama as well.

I don't think Gulliani will get the nod. He's electable and mainstream enough to win the presidency, but he'd not hard core right wing enough to win the nomination. His stance on abortion and his three marriages will not bode well for him in the bible belt that has garnered so much of Dubya's support.

I believe that Thompson will win the nomination, thereby handing the election to the Democrats (most likely Clinton) with at least a 60 per cent of the popular vote, and perhaps 55% of the electoral college.
Non faciunt meliorem equum aurei freni - Seneca
googie egg
Helpless

Postby AJRC_CS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:09 am

Oh God i hope the GOP pick Thompson. If as you say Giuliani is seen as too moderate then they will pick the more conservative Thompson, who at the minute is so far behind in the polls even the forth placed Democrat, Bill Richardson, is only one point behind him.

I think Giuliani is the only GOP who poses any threat to Clinton and Obama, and i think the GOP would be fools not to have him run. He's popular with both conservatives and Liberals and has policies that would please both. To pick Thompson just because he has more conservative policies would be incredibly stupid and narrow minded of the GOP. To pick someone just because he follows party lines would be a travesty for all the real republicans out there. As you say Googie, the only people who would be happy with Thompson would be the Bible Belt and the right wing extremists.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby googie egg » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 pm

The real problem is AJ that in a country where voting and registeration is totally optional, the bible belt actually turns up and votes in higher numbers than the rest of the country. That coupled with the systemic bias i9n the electoral college method of electing the President mean that a "bible belt" vote is worth more than a east or west cost vote.
Non faciunt meliorem equum aurei freni - Seneca
googie egg
Helpless

Return to Politics and Government