Karl Rove To Quit

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Karl Rove To Quit

Postby Yogi » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:33 am

<a href="http://www.forbes.com/topstories/home/2007/08/13/karl-rove-resignation-face-markets-cx_po_0813autofacescan01.html">This Article</a> in Forbes quotes Rove as saying "There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family,"

I can hear a collective sigh of relief, but a tinge of terror is also in my heart. If Rove really was calling all the shots, what is president Bush going to get into now that his chief adviser is jumping ship?

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Bedford » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:51 am

From what I read it was stated that anyoen who served beyond Labor Day was expected to stay with bush to the end of his tenure. By leaving now, Rove can take some time off, and then go help a Republican nominee either clinch the primary, or help whoever wins the Republican primaries for the 2008 general election. In 6 months we'll have confirmed who's running on both sides, so that's plenty of time to rest, be with family, and write a book before going back to wok.

Sounds good to me.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:57 am

Don't worry, Yogi, President Cheney will take care of everything.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby AJRC_CS » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:14 pm

Another rat leaving the sinking ship?

This is scary, i mean Dubya acted stupid before, so how's he going to act now his "brain" is leaving. He wanted to leave last year but had to stay to bail out the GOP on two occasions, it will be fun to see how the GOP cope without their "brain."
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:38 pm

let's just hope that now a nice, well timed heart attack can occur to him. it's the least he deserves.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:18 pm

meadow wrote:let's just hope that now a nice, well timed heart attack can occur to him. it's the least he deserves.

The preceding quote being the best example of the current Democrat voter.

Really, was Rove needed anymore; he's a political analyst. Everything goes into cruise control for the rest of the administration. Congress goes back, Empress Pelosi trys to do everything possible to f-up the economy, Bush vetoes, Pelosi again shows her ass, Bush vetos, et cetera et cetera until some adults convince Pelosi to make a reasonable budget. Then we go to the primaries, where everything in D.C. is generally ignored. From there we see months upon months of the Republican candidate totally owning Hillary, especially in the debates, where Hillary will finally get a hardball question, and crumble from the virgin experience. General election comes, Hilalry brings out the conservatives, and the GOP wins the House and White House, in which case being the nice guy I am, I will locate the tallest building in every city where we have a liberal on here, and tell them the easiest way to get on top of it.

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:02 am

What is the right wing extremist obsession with conspiracy theories?
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:02 pm

AJRC_CS wrote:What is the right wing extremist obsession with conspiracy theories?

I'm not the one who believes Bush will not allow the 2008 elections to take place so that he remains in power. :roll:

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:55 am

Bedford wrote:I'm not the one who believes Bush will not allow the 2008 elections to take place so that he remains in power.

And neither i'm i. Try again.

http://www.brainformation.com/forum/vie ... 81&start=0

PWND. :lol:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 am

Actually, I PWNED you, as you never accused him of the paranoia.

Besides, you definitely sound like someone who would eblieve that crap.

Plus, there was nothing conspiratorial about my theoretical chain.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:51 am

Mmmm, lets look at your fuzzy logic shall we. You clearly accused me of believing that Dubya would cancel the elections, then when i proved that i didn't and PWND you, you turn round like a child and try and say you didn't accuse me. But then in the same post you say, and i quote:

Bedford wrote:Besides, you definitely sound like someone who would believe that crap.

So here in logic land you have again accused me of believing that Dubya will cancel the 2008 elections. Again i will point you to the link i posted earlier. Again you and your logic have been PWND. Fancy trying again? :hysterical:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

The President's Brain?

Postby googie egg » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:13 pm

So many say that Rove is the the president's brain. Now that he's gone that his administration will flounder.

I don't belive that for a minute. I think things will go on as before, because Dubya has never had a brain at all.
Non faciunt meliorem equum aurei freni - Seneca
googie egg
Helpless

Postby AJRC_CS » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:28 am

More rats are leaving the sinking ship. White House spokesman Tony Snow is now quitting early. Seems no one wants to see Dubya's second term to the end. I don't blame them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6952579.stm
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:04 pm

As someone pointed out on the radio today, right now is the perfect time to leave the Bush office. This is when the big money can be made with a new position, as while Bush is still in office Snow and Rove can get more fees as their former boss they are still on good terms with is the President. After all, Republicans are more concerned with improving themselves by the private sector, while Democrats just try to screw everyone under them from beign equal with them, which is done by the bureaucracy.

Besides, Snow was the only true conservative in the administration, and he had to sell stuff that he knew was stupid to do, as all it was was futile attempts to get along with Democrats, which could not happen as they were trying to get along with the left-wing megalomaniacs.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:24 pm

I guarantee more rats will leave the sinking ship.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby googie egg » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:55 pm

So Bedford, you think it is a good thing that Rove can prostitute his services to the highest bidder, safe in the knowledge that whomever has the biggest bucks WILL get the President's ear, and therefore get what they want out of the US taxpayers coffers for their benefit?

No whiff of corruption there at all......
googie egg
Helpless

Postby Bedford » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:10 pm

Corruption is everywhere, especially by the Democrats, who are far better at it due to their inherent immoral and hypocritical nature. Rove has done a fair job, and deserves awards, and wealth is certainly an award.
Last edited by Bedford on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby googie egg » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:20 pm

And you wonder why you have the best governance that money can buy?

His reward should have been public service. His reward should have been the knowledge that he did more good than harm for the american way of life. His reward should have been that he never compromised his principals in the presuit of politics.

Since he can't claim those things, I guess a cash register "chan-chinging" away will be his "reward."

memo to US government : please paint warning "do not dive this end" on steps of White House.
googie egg
Helpless

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:18 am

No progress on ending the war.
No progress on new energy.
No progress on health care costs.

Why is the new Congress gridlocked?!

Cameras have caught Karl Rove orchestrating the obstruction.

http://ws.collactive.com/points/point?id=6RzkyP4Myp3C

:lol:
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby jakimbro » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Yeah- he's retirng to his palatial mansion on Florida's Emerald Coast.

I hope it gets pulverized by a fucking hurricane.

Rove will never be prosecuted for his crimes and misdemeanors. His evil influence will screw up our already fucked up government for generations to come.

I hope he burns in hell.

:D
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Return to Politics and Government