Vicious Circle?

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Vicious Circle?

Postby bermbits » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:05 pm

"Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong." Richard Armour.

I agree with this quote, however, when we get into right and wrong, I suspect we go right back to right and left.

What say you?
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:18 pm

My first instinct is to say that my government has no authority to tell me what is right or wrong from a moral point of view.

The concept of right and left politics is essentially one of platform, which presumably adheres to all that is morally correct. What I see happening today in America is a near total disregard for middle and lower class people, and a strong emphasis on corporate and economic interests. On the one had it has made us the strongest nation on the planet, while on the other hand I am suffering the injustices imposed upon the middle class. This seems like a moral dilemma for which I have no answer.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby AJRC_CS » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:22 am

Do politicians ever concern themselves with right and wrong? I think not. I honestly don't think morals play any part in politics. It's all about who they can screw over to make even more money, and the people they screw over are usually those weaker and poorer than themselves.

We as individuals may see beyond right vs left and concern ourselves with what is right and wrong, but a politician never will.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Return to Politics and Government