Disgruntled in Florida

Solve all the world's problems in this forum.
NOTE: While debate is a good thing, we expect all parties to have respect for individual opinions here.

Disgruntled in Florida

Postby jakimbro » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:12 pm

Here's a bit of news that made me cuss and then right a letter to the Democratic National Convention:

Democrats Battle Over Florida Primary

Saturday August 25, 2007 2:46 PM

By NEDRA PICKLER

Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Florida Democrats could lose their votes for the presidential nominee next year unless they change plans to hold their primary earlier than national party rules allow.

The Democratic National Committee's Rules and Bylaws Committee was poised Saturday to vote against Florida's plans for a Jan. 29 primary and to strip the state of delegate votes at the national convention in Denver next year, several party officials said.

With other states rushing to set early nominating contests, Florida offers the first test of the DNC's resolve to restore order to the schedule it set last year. Michigan and New Hampshire also are considering moving up their voting, in violation of the party rules.

Several party officials said they want to take a tough stand against Florida and send a message to other states. The shifting dates have added some uncertainty to the presidential candidates' campaign plans with the first votes to be cast in less than five months.

Advisers to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who has a wide lead in Florida polls, said she will go wherever elections are held. But the DNC has threatened to penalize candidates who campaign in states that violate the rules.

more here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/s ... 12,00.html

Dear DNC,

I am a democrat- have been one my whole life (all 47 years of it) I vote in local and national elctions and usually for the democratic candididate. But recently my home state of Florida decided to bump up its presidential primary from the first week in march to january 29th. Now its being said that there will be penalties- launched from your organization and that all the democrats in the entire state of Florida may lose their vote.

I beg you not to do this.

We in Florida need to have the primary bumped up. March is too late to vote after everyione else. Voters in Florida had no choice in 2004 for example- as nearly all of the democratic candidates for president (and there had been eight) dropped out except for two. Truthfully I voted for John Kerry- because I had no choice.
I still feel it was a wasted vote. I would have loved to have voted for - well- anyone but that Talking Ent of a man. Hroom Hroom. He was so dumb. He couldn't even beat the dumbest president in history. And he was forced on us by the late vote in march.

We Floridians want a larger voice in the democratic primaries. We are the 3rd largest state in America in population - and we deserve that voice. The Republicans know this- its what got Dubya into office twice (illegally). You got to win Florida if you want to win the election. Why should we be punished for demanding to be heard?

IF you do this thing- although I know you don't care..I will go to the dark side. I will join the Republican party and vote for their candidate so help me GOD! if you do this thing. I know you don't care. But I just wanted to tell you how I feel.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled in Florida.

PS- STOP shoving Hillary down our throats! I wouldn't vote for her no matter what. Have you examined her voting record? She votes like a REPUBLICAN. Who would I vote for? Right now- none of them. Except Kuchinich. The only senator to vote NO for the war in Iraq. My two cents.
Would I do it- become a dark lord of the sith and join the Republican party?
M-Maybe. I could vote for Ron Paul then. :roll:
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:58 pm

If it happens, Florida Democrats should show ther contempt by refusing to help the Democrat candidate in the state.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:58 am

Jerry, try the new BF site.

http://neo.brainformation.com/index.php
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby jakimbro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:27 am

I wnder if its even legal what the DNC is doing. Can you refuse to let peopel vote? Political parties weren't even mentioned in the Constitution.
Its very annoying. Even more so since i find myself agreeing with Bedford!
Every democrat on Florida ought to vote republican just to teach the DNC a lesson.

New site? The only new things that matter to me are new shoes and a new president.
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Yogi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:50 am

jakimbro wrote:
New site? The only new things that matter to me are new shoes and a new president.

A new version of software is being tested until it becomes final. Maybe another few weeks. When that happens, we will be deciding what to do next. This site may or may not remain in existence; there will be some debate about its fate on the new board.

For the time being, all the current Brainformation members who are active are welcome to come over and set things up. Hopefully you will have time to at least look it over, if not also participate. A small word of caution, however. When you go to http://neo.brainformation.com/index.php and are not logged in, you will not see the entire site. You must register to see it all and participate.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby jakimbro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:07 pm

Sorry Yogi. i'm just cranky and sore today. I just applied to the new place and eagerly await your approval...
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Postby Yogi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:21 pm

No problem Jerry - you are in.
Us curmudgeons can stick to gether :D
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby jakimbro » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Cool!
Jerry Kimbro
<i>By Crom!</i>
jakimbro
Bad Seed

Return to Politics and Government