WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit kills wife, son, then self

Tell us what's happenng in your part of the world.

WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit kills wife, son, then self

Postby Flawless » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:44 am

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

OK, so I'm a wrestling fan. I've always been a big fan of Benoit and of wrestling. Even though I haven't watched it much due to horrible story lines and work I've always kept up with it.

I was at work when I heard about this. It was right after work and so I'm checking up on things that I check on and I went to the WWE.com website and read everything and I nearly cried..anyways, you're thoughts?
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby sooz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:27 am

What would be so bad that you could take the life of your child, this is a tragic story.
sooz

Postby AJRC_CS » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:49 am

Overuse of steroids can bring on uncontrollable bouts of rage. I think this is a perfect example.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:31 am

i used to watch it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day with my best friend and my dad. my nephew, who is 7, is a big fan of wrestling. it's sad and disturbing. it makes you wonder what really goes on in the hearts of "famous" people. what was so awful in his heart he felt this was the only way to go??

i think it's beyond "roid rage". i think he had something in his heart that just wasn't ever right and he couldn't handle it anymore.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Bedford » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Having watched hime for years, I don't think it's roid rage that made Chris do what he did. One of his signature moves was diving headbutts from the turnbuckles. Heck, he's even done it from 20 foot ladders and cages. So if anything, it was probably due to concussion.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Flawless » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:42 pm

His relationship with Nancy (his wife) Had been really rocky. She filed for divorce in 2003 but later decided not to go through with it but a lot of reports are that one of the reasons was cruelty. Basically for more news on this you can visit www.pwbts.com it's a wrestling news website that's been covering this like crazy. It does seem odd because his doctor said that he seemed fine when he came in just to say hello to his staff earlier that day. He practically worshiped his son anyways. His son had a disease called Fragile X Syndrome and he wanted to spend more time with him. It does seem as though he was trying to get more time off but evidently the WWE had better plans. He was to wrestle in a match for the ECW World Championship on Sunday but was replaced by another wrestler named Johnny Nitro who won the title which means that most likely Chris was going to win the title. It very well could of been the numerous concussions and hits to the head or stress or roid rage because roid rage isn't just a the user getting incredibly angry it also can make them extremely paranoid and depressed. With his son not getting any better or making progress in dealing with the illness which is similar to Autism and his marriage probably falling apart again and him being on a prescription for steroids (his last steroid test was on April 10th) it also very well could of been roid rage. I guess we'll find out when toxicology results come in.

I'm still in a state of disbelief because I had always loved Benoit, regardless of whether he was a heel or not. His wrestling was just too good for me to hate. It seems like WWE is trying to basically eliminate Benoit from their history. I do support this because he doesn't deserve to be remembered as one of the greatest all-rounded (though technical) wrestlers in wrestling history but a murderer.

Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby Bedford » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 am

I rely on PWInsider.com for my wrestling news.

On Sunday night the greatest wrestling radio show will be back on the air, at least for that day, at sportstalkcleveland.com.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:07 am

he shouldn't be martyred or sainted but he WAS a fantastic wrestler and was for most of his life. that shouldn't just be swept under a rug and only to be remembered as someone who commited a horrifying crime.

it's obvious that a lot was going on for him mentally. i'm sure knowing you have a mentally ill son was very hard to live with since it's not socially acceptable in society.

but i think that the professional wrestling world needs to accept a huge, huge responsibility in this situation. and hopefully the bullshit and lame ass storylines, like McMahon's "fake death", will stop and they will realize that they need to take care of their employees better.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Flawless » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 am

I think that they pretty much scrapped that angle because Vince McMahon was on TV this morning and has made numerous statements regarding it. It's been said time and time again that life on the road takes it's toll and wrestlers know that when they get into the business. Numerous people have bowed out of WWE because of that. Nathan Jones for instance (you may remember him as the guy that Brad Pitt killed in a duel with a single hit at the very beginning of Troy) he couldn't take the constant traveling and so he quit. Benoit has been doing this for years upon years and had been traveling for years upon years. Again I will make my final decision on everything once toxicology reports are released.

Regardless of what WWE does, he will always be remembered asa great wrestler.

Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Return to In The News