John Edwards on YouTube

Tell us what's happenng in your part of the world.

John Edwards on YouTube

Postby mdkilmer » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:32 pm

<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:02 pm

WHat a walking Ken doll, with the same amounts of brains and as anatomically correct as one as well.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby AJRC_CS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:13 am

Is this news? I see nothing news worthy here. Maybe this should have been posted in the "internet" section. Or at a stretch "politics" as this seems a right wing dig at John Edwards.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby bermbits » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:41 am

"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:48 pm

is that first clip west side story with rita moreno singing? or, um... natalie woods???

sheesh, i haven't seen that since 1742...
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:01 pm

Natalie Woods didn't sing any of "her" songs for West Side Story. that was performed by the very amazing and interesting Marni Nixon. she also sang for Audrey Hepburn's Eliza in My Fair Lady and for Deborah Kerr in The King and I. i just finished her memoir I Could Have Sung All Night which was kinda boring in a few parts but the parts with her movie singing in it were the highlights. she's still alive and performing all around the world.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby mdkilmer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:02 pm

The song was sung by Natalie Wood. And it's appropriate for a guy wo is that involved with his $400-per-haircut locks.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:27 pm

no, it wasn't. Natalie Woods merely lip-sync'd the lyrics during filming. period. there is positive, conclusive evidence that Marni Nixon, in fact, did all the singing for the movie. and not just from Ms. Nixon herself. it's a common misunderstanding but Natalie, sadly, couldn't hit those high notes at all. Natalie Wood is my all time favorite actress and even still, she did not sing any of the songs in the motion picture nor the soundtracks for West Side Story unless shown in documentary form.

you wrong, Marv. sorry!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby mdkilmer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:55 am

What I meant was that it was NW's character who sang, rather than Rita Moreno's. But I accept the correction. :D

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:08 am

gotcha!!!! :)
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to In The News