Faith-based toys to hit US stores

Tell us what's happenng in your part of the world.

Postby sassie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:18 pm

AJRC_CS why is it such a bad thing for children to believe in God?

I just dont get it .. God is as good thing .. and dont jump all over me for saying so ...

I just dont get why people get so bent about religion .. its none of your business what others choose to believe... or what the teach there children..
sassie
Helpless

Postby meadow » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:01 pm

Flawless: my parents were NOT Atheist. you are confusing choosing to not ram religion down my and my sister's throats with Atheism. they are NOT THE SAME THING. my parents had their own beliefs and not once did they tell me they don't believe in God. nor did they ever tell me God or religion are bad. they just decided they didn't want me or my sister to have that CHOICE made for us. both of my parents chose to not practice any sort of official religion and foist that upon us without us being able to decide for ourselves. their religion was exactly where it belonged: in their business. when i got old enough to wonder "why are we here? what is life about?" my mother did the appropriate and SMART thing. she directed me to the LIBRARY. you know, the place with all the fancy free books for everyone? yeah, and i was allowed to pick and choose all i wanted on every kind of philosophic and religious information. i spent a lot of years finding out for myself what i thought would be best for myself. i spent a few years in a 'church' but the amount of hypocrisy was more than i could handle so i left for good. it wasn't worth the amount of b.s. i had to wade through and little to no real knowledge or information.

and good luck with that lake of fire b.s. just don't come knocking on my door and we'll be fine. i'll continue to be the person i know i am, which is good hearted and i ain't going to some non-existent "lake of fire" that isn't even really mentioned in specifics in the Bible. not to mention that the "Devil" isn't real, he's a manufactured thing the Church made up from previous Gods of local people used to get them to convert. especially the wealthier ones. the Devil or "Satan" is a made up thing the Christians enjoy foisting upon the stupid to continue to get them to convert or stay in the fear based religion that is now Christianity. i object to people deciding that everyone should convert cause they know best. you don't know best and you've probably never actually LEARNED the reality of what other religions practice. i mean, outside of some "religious" school skewing it that "okay, this is what "other people" choose to believe. but they are wrong, and this is why" bullshit i've seen a million times. but you can continue to allow the party line live your life for you. i just hope your children get a clue early enough in life to make sure they don't end indoctrinated to a way of life they had chosen unfairly for them. it's kinda sad you have chosen a life for your children based on ignorance and fear and not really understanding what Christianity is really supposed to be about. and it's not about making them go to CHURCH every Sunday. since when do you need to go somewhere to be with God?!!?!?? since when do you need to read a specific book to know God?

solana: again with the BINGO! there was a farmer had a dog and BINGO was his name-o. B-I-N-G-O-! seriously, parenting isn't that fricking hard of a challenge. period. and yes, you FEEL that because you are one...you know everything about it. however, you aren't an authority merely because you had some. if that was the case then so would Britney Spears be one. ahem.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby AJRC_CS » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:03 am

sassie wrote:AJRC_CS why is it such a bad thing for children to believe in God?

My problem with it is when children believe in God, the are forced too! Not in an evil way, but Christian parents teach their children about one religion and one God, they give their children no other choice but to believe what they believe. This is the kind of indoctrination i think is bad, children believe anything their parents tell them and Christianity knows this. I bet if children weren't forced to believe at a young age and allowed to make up their own minds like i was, there'd be a whole hell of a lot less Christians!

Hey, i have no problem with what people do with their kids. You want to indoctrinate them, then you go right ahead. My problem is when people say they are better than me because they believe in God, that i'm the bad parent because i taught my son about all religions not just one and then let him make up his own mind, or that my son isn't good enough to hang out with the kids of Christians. Like i said before, in my experience there is nothing more narrow minded and intolerant than a Christian.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby Flawless » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry Meadow, I misunderstood you, I thought you said in a previous post that they were atheists.
[ GRAPHIC REMOVED by administrator ]

I am now dubbed the King of Hotness by Haysi

I am also the resident Cabana boy.
Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:08 am

nope. a lot of people assume that because i wasn't raised religiously or with a specific religion that my parents don't believe in God. i think my mom might have leaned more Agnostic but i know she did really believe in God but she didn't believe in church or all the typical dogma that Christians like to have. my dad is a little more Christian-ish but he doesn't believe you have to go to church to know God nor read the Bible. my parents were/are two of the most ethical people i've ever known. no hypocrites because they didn't have that "oh, well do as i say don't do as i do" because they lived their lives as good people.

you can still be a GREAT person and never have religion. you can still care about humanity, feed the poor, not kill or covet or any of that other "important" stuff and never step foot in a church or get Jesus. you don't need God or Jesus to live your life out as a good human being!
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Flawless » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:28 am

And I never said you did, Meadow. There are plenty of good people out there who don't believe in God or a religion or anything.

Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:50 pm

but you feel that for your children to end up being good people, they must attend a church with you and your wife weekly. and you stated that you wouldn't let them actually practice any other religion while living with you. that's pretty obvious that you truly believe that your children can only be considered "good" by your standards, practices and religious beliefs. it's easy to say that other people can still be "good" if they aren't like you but you don't think that for your own children.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Flawless » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:50 pm

No, No, No, No, No, No, No again you misunderstand me. I wouldn't allow them to bring their religous paraphenailia (sp?) under my roof. And no I don't think that my kids must attend church to grow up to be good people. I'm just saying that until they get old enough to stay home alone they are going to attend church with me and my wife. If my kids live moral lives and follow their P's & Q's than they will be good people regardless of what religion they follow.

Flawless
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:32 am

answering the first post: I don´t think playing with God will give the children the respect and fear of God that the bible want you to have. How can you fear a think you rip the hair off on a daily basis?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Previous

Return to In The News