100 Days Today

Tell us what's happenng in your part of the world.

100 Days Today

Postby molly » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:49 am

Its 100 days today since Madeline McCann went missing in Portugal. Please spare a thought for her parents and family who have been attacked in the media this week, for christ sake they are devasted by what has happened, they do not need negative press coverage now.
molly

Postby meadow » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:51 am

i really can't say i have much sympathy for parents who decided to leave their children UNATTENDED while they went off to have a dinner and a drink. period.

there is absolutely no reason unless there is a literal, real, life and death emergency to ever leave a child under the age of about 9 unattended like that for more than 5 minutes.

going off around the corner to have dinner is the stupidest thing i've ever heard a parent do. what's worse is that they act like it's not THEIR OWN FLIPPING FAULT THEY LEFT HER UNATTENDED for such a long time.

hire a babysitter. better yet, wait for your child to be fully asleep and then hire a babysitter. or bring one along. bring another family member along to help out with the children. period.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby AJRC_CS » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Meadow, the problem with the British press at the moment is that they're pussy footing around the McCann's. If anyone dares to say they were negligent in the first place to leave Madeline on her own, they're instantly castigated. Only the Portuguese press seems to have the balls to ask the hard questions of the MaCann family. That said, i don't agree with the Portuguese press accusing them of Madeline's murder, that was going just a little too far.

I think in cases like this too often the media coverage gives the parents false hope. Although no one likes to talk about it, after 100 days it's unlikely Madeline is still alive. But like all crimes such as this one, until a body is found there is always hope.
The ignorant close their mind and convince themselves that there's only one truth. The wise keep an open mind to the different possibilities leading to and stemming from the present. Look not with your eyes but with your mind.
AJRC_CS
Outlaw Torn

Postby meadow » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:40 am

oh, i don't think her parents were anything but negligent. i didn't mean to imply they were the ones who killed her or anything like that. i think they are responsible because they left her unattended! but the person who actually committed the crime is a disgusting piece of shit, in my opinion.
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby angel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:59 am

aahhh... yes... that little girl that was left unattended by her millionaire parents... who are now spending a fortune trying to cover up for their own stupidity.

did you know that every single day about 300 children die of aids? and that every five seconds a child dies of starvation? so why should the world give a flying fuck about one spoiled little brat?
understanding is a three edged sword.
your side, their side, and the truth.
angel
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:46 pm

i don't think i'd put it quite as rudely as Angel did but i have to agree quite a lot with his point. millions of children die in horrible circumstances every year. most are completely 100% preventable, easy! but some little white girl gets left by her ding-dong parents and suddenly it's a national tragedy?

i wonder how many donated to her cause and don't even know the 30,000 children who died today of starvation needlessly.

*sigh*
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to In The News