Blah...

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:00 am

you will be. funny how that works.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 am

Yep... But next month I'm starting to look for an apartment with Joakim, my friend.
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:17 pm

the old guy....?
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:28 am

The not old guy. Really, 26 isn't old. You aren't old until you're fifty... not that I'd move in with someone above 30, that is. It just wouldn't be... Acceptable.
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:23 am

Accepteble.. he?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:23 pm

My parents would NEVER accept someone 8 years older than me. And now I'm going to move in with him. But hey, it's my decision... If vampires were real I'd gladly get together with someone 500 years older than me..... Anything to get out of this house, really...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:10 pm

i learned to regret that decision myself. better luck for you!
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:08 pm

Hmm... I at least hope that it'll go okay. Seeing as Joakim is not my boyfriend I don't really get what the problem is...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:06 am

Perhaps there is no problem, but there might be. I'm not saying this goes for you but...

How long have you known him? Do you know he doesn't want more? Why is he agreeing to this? Why are you? Who will pay the bill? who will make the food? who will clean? what is he expecting of you`? what are you expecting of him? What happens if those expectations isn't met?

Would you at the age of 26 move in with someone 8 years younger than yourself? why/why not?

Answer all of these questions and if you stil see no problem there are two options. One: there is no problem. Two: either there is something you don't see or you are deluding yourself.

What would be the problem if you were together?
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:25 am

The problem would probably be that I don't want a boyfriend, second; we've already discussed those options...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:37 am

Sure...

but do tell your parents. If nothing else, they deserve to know. It is not like they could stop you.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:21 am

They know I'm moving in with him. They just don't know how old he is, but as it appears, they don't seem to care.
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:50 am

Are you sure?

When I was small, I thought I could get away with anything with my mother, seeing how she worked all day. She couldn't poslibly "know" me, and she didn't care I was sure.

As I grew older I understood she had much more control on what I was doing than I thought, living in my own world as I did. She knew exactly what I was doing, how I felt and what Iwould do next, but as she knew the best way of learning is doing a few mistakes on your own she didn't stop me. However, she was always there to get me on my feet again.

Pherhaps they only give you a chance to prove you have control yourself. A learning prosess if you will. I cannot think they do not care because every parent cares.

.. well, you do have the loonies, but in their own way they care as well.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:00 pm

I didn't mean that they didn't care about me, I meant that they don't care about how old he is, I know they care about me, sometimes I feel like they care way too much. Especially my mother. But they trust me, and they know I can pick my friends with care.
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:04 pm

well, I didn't mean care about you either, because I know you know they do. I was talking about him.

If they trust you that way, that sould be explaining the not caring part.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:07 pm

They do trust me, and they know that whatever happens, I most often land on my feet. I'm like a cat that way :lol:
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:14 am

Hmm... Apparently I have Avoidant Personality Disorder... Hmm.... Doesn't surprice me at all...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts