Early in the morning...

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Early in the morning...

Postby Nathaniel » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:23 pm

For some people registered here it is now... around 12 pm. Here, it is 01:44 am.... I think I'll go to sleep... I was just roleplaying with some friends... Or party was attacked by a wardrobe.... Don't ask....
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Yogi » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:53 pm

You people north of the Acrctic Circle have some very strange parties. :lol:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby pilvikki » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:09 pm

actually, they're not.... pretty close, but i thinx i'm the only one from that lattitude.

and my parties have always been... well... never mind.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:00 am

Nathie dear... were you meaning (Or party) or (our party)?

stil talking roleplay? I ask... how?
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:38 am

The travelling companions.....

We were inside this mansion, right? And the swashbuckler had just fallen out of the window, was on her way in again after bathing in mud and rosebushes.... Anywaaay, when she got in, she told the mage to flame the pudding... Our mage, currently having 6 as a stat in wisdom, started chanting for a fireball, whereupon our beloved dragon-bard flung herself across the table (yep, that's my character) and the cleric scooped a spoon of slush at the mage. The monk wasn't overly pleased by said bard's performance and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and commanded me to bed. After shapechanging and curling up in bed, I heard screaming-noises from the mage's room.... I flung myself out of bed and ran through the hall (with an angry monk in my heels, screaming; DON'T RUN YOU SLUT!!) into the mage's room. Mage was lying on the floor, unconcious, with what appeared to be claw-marks on his legs. We flung him in the cleric's room (or onto the cleric) and marched to bed, remembering that the dragonslayer Durathman was visiting the very same building. Anyway, after sleeping for two hours I was woken by the monk who screamed that the wardrobe was attacking.... Not funny... Especially not being pounced by it..... Several cracked ribs and one broken wing later the swashbuckler jumps in, stumbles in the carpet and scewers the dragon with her rapier.... The dragon (me) was grumpy.... OUCH!
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:34 am

roleplay could be so fun...

wardrobe... thihi... I have to remember that when I'm DM'ing
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:22 am

Are you guys talking D&D? I used to play that years ago.. but girls and booze finally became more interesting. I still miss it sometimes.. haha
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:36 pm

yeah, we're talking D&D... ;)

what did you play then?
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby StVandal » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Silke wrote:yeah, we're talking D&D... ;)

what did you play then?

I DMed, but sometimes I played a paladin. -:/
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:38 pm

Most of my playing was during 2nd Edition, and I preferred playing psionicists.
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:13 am

Ehm. I prefer Druids or Monks... I always make them kickass... I also like playing fighter, never tried out Paladin, cleric or rogue... Else I've played Barbarian, druid, monk, bard, sorcerer and fighter...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:19 am

I never got the hang of the rules about psionics in 2nd edd, but I love playing them in 3rd (or was it 3 1/2 edd?). Basicly I love playing rouges besides psionics, or rouge/fighter.

Paladin? Lawful good? I never understood how any would want to play such holy men... they are too fanatic about laws and good for my taste... where is the fun if you can't bend a few rules?
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:57 am

Point is, dear silky, that it all depends on the person PLAYING the paladin. Take the paladin in the groups where I play Morrigan, my human monk. He's hot-tempered. kind and loving, protective and not fanatic about laws at all, he simply follows them and watches that the rules are kept... My monk is also laeful good, and trust me, it's quite easy to play a lawful good character!
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:58 am

oooops.... Lawful, not laeful :oops:
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:02 pm

no doupt easy, but is it fun? I expect it to be for someone, but I have tried once... and I didn't seem to be able to stick to my alignment at all. I mean, what about starting barfights, lying, cheating, stealing, spying and breaking enteries?
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:06 pm

You're just too much of a pranxter and too young and naive ( :tongue: ) to manage playing a lawful character.... All lawful characters follow the law, you know. And it is quite fun too, it's just a question of what you're able to do... And in the player's personality. You may not be able to play a lawful person because you don't understand the allignment!
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby StVandal » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:11 pm

Half the fun was trying to stick to the "lawful good" alignment. Let's see.. it would be evil to loot that village for gold, etc.. BUT, seeing as they worship another god wouldn't it be considered good to bring them a little religion (at the tip of a sword) while lining your pockets at the same time? But of course you're going to give the church their 10% to tithe.. I mean, that's the whole reason you're doing all this requisitioning (looting) in the first place, right? The more you take, the more you can donate to the church.. right? Amen!
Actually, I only played one Paladin who thought like that, and he eventually became a lawful evil anti-paladin. But it is fun to play something as challenging as a paladin. They end up being so stupid (err.. brave) that they never last too long anyway.
"Look, friends! An orcish army brews outside the city gates!"
"but we're only 1st level.."
"CHARGE!!"
Maybe we should start a d&d thread.. haha..
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:21 am

LOL!!! yeah...

I knew a barbarian who behaved as you described the paladin. His confidence in himself was enormous.

... until a little elven girl challanged him under the rules "No magic" and he lost, as she had dipped her weapons in enugh sleep poision to fell a giant... He was sulking for months, not even moving close to the party. After that he stopped underestemating his oponents, but personaly he knew she only won through cheating. "It wasn't a real fight! In a real fight I would chrush her in an instant!" ... and how true that was.... thihi...
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:17 am

I played a drow barbarian who won over 7 orcs alone when he was 1st level.. Then he dragged his fallen mates to the nearest city and got them all healed... He was so short that it became a problem for him... So it was easy to pick a fight with him... He was rather strong, though...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Return to Random Thoughts