One Word

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

One Word

Postby Yogi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:28 pm

This is an interesting excercise in creative writing. One word is supplied and you have 60 seconds to write all you can about it. It turned out to be quite a challenge for me.

http://oneword.com/
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Sarah » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:00 am

I really like that.
We've had to do something similar in my Spanish writing class--I think it's a really cool exercise and can reveal a lot about you.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:08 am

I've never had any problems witht those kinds of things... They say I'm too imaginative... I can't understand what they are talking about... :notalk:
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:38 am

Piece of cake for me. I even have a trophy for doing the same thing with the spoken word (impromptu speaking). It occured to me I have made my way in life through words, so I welcome such trials....

It was fun - thanks.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:09 pm

I did this improvison game once. The deal was we were four to talk about an topic as if one, which would say one of us would talk and then some other would take over during the same sentence. there was a fifth person to deside who was going to talk when, and he wasn´t nice! Those who first lost count or starter wrongly or just didn´t have more to talk about would loose. The others would decide a way for him/her to die and s/he had to imitate this death. It could get real funny as the death could occur with the help of a pin or needle, or deck or whatever. It was up to the person "dying" to decide how to die of these causes.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:37 pm

hmm... I just emptied my head... Oh no! My brain is gone!!!
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby Silke » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:31 pm

did you have one?

*laughs hystericly*
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Random Thoughts