Attack of the bored cat..

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Attack of the bored cat..

Postby StVandal » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:51 am

This is my girlfriend's cat this morning:

Flo: Meow. Meow? Meow. Meow! MEOW! MEOWW!!!1!
Me: *trying to ignore her outbursts*
Flo: Meow! Meow!!
Me: *finally giving up* Jeez, what?!
Flo: Meow? Meow. Meow?!
Me: You're being really loud, you know that?
Flo: Meow.
Me: Are you bored? Is that your problem?

At which point she jumped up into my lap and is now vying with the keyboard for my attention.
Last edited by StVandal on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:57 am

Just go with the Flo ...
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby StVandal » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:08 pm

Saff's cats tend to be named after geological terms. This kitty is aptly named after the destructive 'pyroclastic flow'.
http://www.gl.rhbnc.ac.uk/palaeo/images/Pyroclastic_flow.gif

She's super adorable, though. I'll have to leave a pic of her in the pet pictures section.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Yeah, Pita does that, too. Sometimes she jumps up on the keyboard and adds immesurable value to my posts. *grin*

Want her in your lap? Tell her to go away and then fire a squirt gun at her. Pita knows that it's me squirting her, so she jumps on my laps when damp so I can share in the bounty.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Sounds nice...

My friend's cat, Jonathan, hits people when he wants attention.
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:27 pm

sweetpea, our mighty blind sockhunter drags mostly socks, but any game will do, around the house yowling in a raspy voice at the precise moment the baby starts to drop off to sleep. uncanny that.

at least he practices catch and release.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:39 am

One cat we had did that... then she figured out she was done learning and started to teach her family.... us... That heant many half-dead rats, birds and other small animals in our livingroom. Of course, after giving us our game, she paid no intrest to it at all
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:34 am

i prefer the laundry as offerings i think. our cat's aren't allowed outside at all, except on a leash.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:58 am

haha! the cat I was telling about thinks of leashes as an insult... really. The only time we used it was on cartrips when she had to go outside because of natural causes. She would take forever though.

I don't think cats sould be allowed to walk around in a leash like dogs... but then again, I live in norway and not even here are cats allowed free passage in cities, if you could call our modest cumunities a "city"... :tongue:
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:52 am

not all that modest, trondheim has over 150 000, oslo 500 000....

cats kill thousands of birds every day, which is why ours aren't allowed to roam. they can also get into fights with racoons, skunks, dogs, foxes, cayotes and other cats. and i'm actually talking about the city of toronto, where i've seen all of the above.

furthermore they can pick up worm eggs and toxplasmosis, which is a parasitic infection carried by mice. it causes no distress for the cat, but makes people sick and causes serious birthdefects if the mother contracts it while pregnant.

i don't get why leashes shouldn't be allowed? if trained early, cats would take to it just like a dog does. which means either yes or no.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:51 am

I love watching a cat stiffen up and flop over when you put a leash on them.. haha
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 am

I wasn't that serious... I mean that I think cats are like kings and queens, or should be... it is a reason why they say cats do what they want, and a leash kinds of put a damper on things... Every cat I've seen put on a leash goes nuts, and most just refuse to move until it is taken off.

I guess it has much to do with habbit.

... and Vandal... all though I share your facination of flopping cats: shame on you!
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Random Thoughts