Oily boids.

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Oily boids.

Postby StVandal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:12 am

Wow.. I had to wake up at 7am today to make a dental appointment. Now I can't go back to sleep. I feel.. weird.. the sun's just kinda creeping up over the mountains and the cat is taking advantage of a sunbeam I've never seen before. This waking up early thing might be actually kinda nice if I didn't work so late all the time.
What time do you usually wake up? Do you wake up at the same time on your days off? What do you consider "sleeping in"?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Silke » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:46 am

Lately I've always waiked up around 09:00, no matter when I go to bed. I can't seem to sleep afterwards. If I sleep to around 11:00, I call that "sleeping in". Usually when I have school, I have to get up at the latest 06:15 to reach the buss with decant clothes on.

This was a problem for me, because as I lived this weekend, and went out with the other livers afterwards, I got about four-five hours less sleep that I need. You might not see this as a problem, but I have realized it is for me. I have migraines, the strong type that is ticked off by too little sleep, unregular sleep, unregular feedings... my eyesight dissapaired one too many times, so now I have medications... I hate medications, but hey! they work! in a funy way...
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:47 pm

I have to get up at 6 am in order to make it out of my bed. I feel lucky when I can sleep until 07.30, and I consider 10 o'clock to be sleeping in.

If I don't get enough sleep I am cranky. And when I'm cranky, I'm no fun.
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm

i'm a nightowl with a dismal sleep record.

i usually get up around 9, and sleeping in.... whenever. night before last i stayed up until 6.30 because both the baby and my daughter were sick the baby woke me up at 7.30, i went back to sleep at 8.30, 9.30 and gave it up as a lost cause at 11.

last night i slept 7 hours straight and then went back to sleep for another 2.

that felt good!
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Sarah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:07 pm

With my class schedule this semester, I don't have to wake up until 9am. Granted, my usual "bedtime" is 3am so it's just the right amount of sleep. I guess I consider sleeping in to be sleeping past 10:30... something I haven't had the opportunity to do in almost 6 months!!
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Random Thoughts