Household chores

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Household chores

Postby Sandra » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Household chores, we all have to do them (well some more that others). What household chore do you hate the most?

I detest ironing and cleaning the bathroom (toilet bowl) :barf:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:40 pm

I 've heard of *ironing*..... now, exactly what is it ? :biggrin:

I detest getting behind the freezer - those peas and woodlice just take the mick with their parties round there !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

I love all cleaning even down to washing skirting boards and cleaning ovens. I refuse to clean toilets that boys use though. Why can't they aim? And i don't iron. Thats why tumble driers were invented.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:04 pm

bea wrote: Thats why tumble driers were invented.

Hey doll :D I'm sure we've had this convo before. Last 10 minutes of drying in the tumbo and it comes out perfect, no need to iron :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:39 pm

Messy hands Bea a contract for the cleaning of her house at a fabulous salary, plus holiday pay and benefits...... But will she accept or bu$$er off to Belfast
..... :(

PS - no boys live here....
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby solana » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:04 pm

I hate to dust... I hate to iron...........

not nuts about scrubbing out the litter paneither....

:confused:
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby mdlvettechie » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:08 pm

vacuuming and washing pots and pans.... :/
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
-- Immanuel Kant

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
mdlvettechie
Frantic

Postby meadow » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm

i hate doing anything related to floors. vacuuming, scrubbing, sweeping, cleaning, mopping, whatever you want....i don't. if i run the Swiffer it's a miracle!

i don't mind anything else about cleaning the bathroom. gross toilet? no problem, that's why disposable toilet wand cleaner was invented! as well as those little biodegradable cleaning wipes!!! love those!

i also hate, hate, hate and detest washing dishes. but i can't stand dirty dishes outside of a sink! go figure!

so Bea, when you coming to visit? :biggrin: we gots lots of cleaning to do. and my dad isn't a gross pig in the bathroom. he was in the Navy and he's a neat freak. what time shall i fetch you from the airport? :lmao1:
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby ohlia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I like my home immaculate so I don't mind cleaning. And I am very particular with my clothes, I prefer caring for them myself.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:22 pm

i hate picking up after other people, no matter what it is. put your damned clothes into the hamper, not half in, half on the floor! toss the wrappers! into the compost with the banana peel.

who brought these kids up anyway and how old are they?

since i had those bouts with dermatitis, i hate getting my hands wet, even though i'm constantly washing them. rubber gloves make them sweat so that's no help.

is there anything i like the least?

i guess that would be dishes.
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby ClaireM » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:29 pm

I live on my own. I have a lady who comes in to vacuum the carpets, wash the floors in the bathroom, toilet, kitchen and laundry, clean the shower cubicle. I pay her $A20 an hour and it's worth every penny. I dust, wash my clothes and the dishes and iron. I do not cook. I eat frozen prepared meals and they are far more varied than anything I could dish up. I have lived in my unit for eight years and never used the oven. I hate cleaning ovens.

I worked full time for years and never had any help from anyone, family (two sons and husband). I reckon I've earned my reward. So there!!
Illegitimi non carborundum.
ClaireM
Helpless

Postby Sarah » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:41 pm

I hate cleaning bathroom floors. I despise hair (especially other people's) and cleaning my roomate's hair off the bathroom floor really grosses me out.
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:14 am

pilvikki wrote:*
i hate picking up after other people, no matter what it is. put your damned clothes into the hamper, not half in, half on the floor! toss the wrappers! into the compost with the banana peel.

don't you know the laundry basket goes around the house and picks up all the dirty clothes then empties itself into the washer (it's so clever) :confused:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:30 am

Makinamess wrote:Messy hands Bea a contract for the cleaning of her house at a fabulous salary, plus holiday pay and benefits...... But will she accept or bu$$er off to Belfast
..... :(

PS - no boys live here....

i'll bring my own boys :biggrin:
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:33 am

meadow wrote:i hate doing anything related to floors. vacuuming, scrubbing, sweeping, cleaning, mopping, whatever you want....i don't. if i run the Swiffer it's a miracle!

i don't mind anything else about cleaning the bathroom. gross toilet? no problem, that's why disposable toilet wand cleaner was invented! as well as those little biodegradable cleaning wipes!!! love those!

i also hate, hate, hate and detest washing dishes. but i can't stand dirty dishes outside of a sink! go figure!

so Bea, when you coming to visit? :biggrin: we gots lots of cleaning to do. and my dad isn't a gross pig in the bathroom. he was in the Navy and he's a neat freak. what time shall i fetch you from the airport? :lmao1:

Whats a swiffer? it sounds incredible. I get over excited at new cleaning products and the swifer sounds right up my alley.

Anytime aiporto is good for me.. I'll go anywhere to clean
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby meadow » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:35 am

that is one thing i will give kudos to my dad for...i NEVER have to pick up after him. EVER.

i don't mind controlled clutter but i like everything to have a specific place. when you are done with it, put it back, damnit!!!

and i cannot stand a cluttered or messy bathroom! that means the toilet paper from the top, shower curtain closed, towels hung up neatly, clear counters except for a few things that don't fit in the cabinet or the drawers and the toilet seat and lid DOWN.

other people's hair is gross. that is why God invented vacuums with the attachments! you just go around the edges and corners and suck it up. sweeping NEVER gets it all up and i can just vacuum and then zip, zip wipe the rest with the Swiffer! tell your roomie she's a piglet and MAKE HER DO HER DAMN SHARE! my roomie was clueless, sweet but utterly ding-dong clueless. i flat out told her that she needed to do more of a share. she was so mortified that she straightened up her ways! :)

i don't mind dusting at all. and i love doing laundry!!! LOVE IT! i love it because i'm very, very specific and particular about my clothes. i can only use certain products. and i NEVER, EVER, EVER iron so i make sure to fold or hang whatever it is right out of the dryer!!! my dad, however, seems to love the dang iron! ugh! i won't do it, i don't care! ironing is stupid and for SUCKERS! *LOL*
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:06 pm

don't you know the laundry basket goes around the house and picks up all the dirty clothes then empties itself into the washer (it's so clever)

i must be in the wrong timeline...

:evil:

that reminds me, there's a load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer. should i get to them?

nope, not tonight, i have a headache....

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 am

nope, not tonight, i have a headache....

lol :D:D:D:D:D

Vaakum. No problems sweeping the floors, or "swiffer" them, but vaakumcleaning?? Never will there be such a device in my house if I can help it!

Other than that I can do everything, if only I can detatch myself mentally and just do it... that sounds so wrong!
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:08 pm

that's vacuum, silke.

i know, what a weird word...

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Silke » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:39 pm

*sigh* ok.. vacuum...vacuum...vacuum... *wanders off silently muttering silently to herself* vacuum... vacuum... vacuum... vakuum... shit... not vakuum, vacuum! vacuum...
Superstition brings bad luck.
Silke
Stone Cold Crazy

Next

Return to Random Thoughts