anyone.... anyone

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Postby legend » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:05 am

its dead flies :biggrin: .

i have been over and cant get in :evil:
i think someones changed the locks to keep me out

i will try again in afew days :(
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:35 am

Let me ask for you what the problem is - I will let you know here when I find out.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:03 am

Yogi said that you have not been banned and doesn't know what the issue is. I don't know what else to say.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40 am

winge cry sob etc.

i still like it here better. the new place is not the same. which is why i'm hardly there.

i'm just going to keep posting here and see if i can lure people back :)
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:05 pm

While nothing has been discussed or decided yet, this site may eventually become our historical archive, and as such become read-only.

Another consideration is that the software here is old and vulnerable to take over by spam robots. We get two or three dozen attacks daily but have been able to keep it under control so far.

I will be posting a request for comments in the new forum. Once the software there goes golden, we will have to decide what to do with this site. Your inputs there will be most welcome.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Bedford » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:06 pm

One good thing about the old site: I have a personal journal here. :biggrin:
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby legend » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:05 am

im stikll here bedford

hangin about :biggrin:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Sandra » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:44 am

I'm still hanging about....but not with him ^^ :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:43 pm

theyre dead flies btw lol :biggrin:
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Yogi » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:27 pm

Bedford wrote:One good thing about the old site: I have a personal journal here. :biggrin:

Personal journals are available on the new site as well :biggrin:
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby mdkilmer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:15 am

I'm with you, bea. I like the feel of this place. I think that this one is better laid out, and I miss having the "Cobalt 2.0" board style over there. (Yes, I realize that neoBrainformation is still forming).

"Neo" has a lot of new members who know nothing of this one. They tend to discuss things that are only of interest to their own clique, instead of being interesting to everyone (IMHO). Also, we had evolved a style of discussion here. Over there, the "haters" simply personality-bash, not debate. "Politics" and "Current Events" have a flavor of Cerescape "Fuses".

One more thing: Neo is too serious. Fun topics are largely ignored. Perhaps that's what Yogi wants; I don't know-- but I miss the levity of this place.

The one shining light of Neo is that legend isn't there. *grin*
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:16 pm

totally agree with everything kilmer says. I know the old evildoers (or what ever they were called) were invited there (to neo) lovingly cos their site closed but seriously.. its not the same anymore. they dominate topics and i personally ain't keen on it.

Also hate that holiday red isn't an option (again, i know its still new)

i loved this site.. the new one has no heart.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:26 pm

mdkilmer wrote:I'm with you, bea. I like the feel of this place. I think that this one is better laid out, and I miss having the "Cobalt 2.0" board style over there. (Yes, I realize that neoBrainformation is still forming).

I'm with you two also, I love it here....no one can say I've not tried to make neo like here I post all the time (nothing new there then). I miss this BF and the banter and the cheek just doesn't seem to be there anymore, and all my friends are missing, I miss them. :(
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:00 pm

When I sent out a mass mailing and posted a request for intputs about what to do with this site, I was anticipating a discussion on the neoBrainformation board. But, there is no reason why we can't brainstorm here where it is a little more like home and comfy.

I've always taken the stand that Brainformation (both of them now) belongs to the participating members. My intention was to give everyone a feeling of ownership and thus have a stake in the success of the forums. For the most part that happened and I tried to accomodate everybody's requests and suggestions where practical. We can all agree that approach has made us a unique and special place on the Internet.

Isn't it odd how change never comes easily? We were a small band of about a dozen close knit koffee klotchers for nearly two years. When the ChatterBank crowd migrated here from CereScape, I heard comments about cliques and how different that new crowd is. When the heavyweight political debaters arrived there were more complaints about the noise and dissention. And when the cussing picked up, it became an uproar over personal attacks. Now that the exact opposite has happened with the influx of a conservative older generation, we are confronted once again with lamenting of days gone by. What is a site administrator to do?

Seriously. What recommendations do you propose in order to make Brainformation your kind of site? Anything is open to discussion in a brainstorming session no matter how practical it may or may not be. Give me your ideas, and we will pick through the best of them to see if they can be implimented.

I'm a little restricted as far as styles go. Cobalt and Holiday Red are not currently being developed for the new software. Layouts, on the other hand, can be modified. New members cannot. But, there may be ways to work with and/or around them. As far as disappearing friends are concerned, I banned one person and eliminated several aliases. Strange as it seems, a couple other members stopped showing up after all this purging. So, if your missing friends are among the aliases that were deleted, I can't do anything about that either. And one final observation. Legend probably will remain on this site indefinitely. Think about it. :biggrin:
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby mdkilmer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:15 pm

I can suggest one thing-- don't accept entire blocks of people all at once.

I know that you want new members, but is it possible to space the influx-- say, from defunct sites or mass bannings-- out a little? Maybe at one-week intervals, so that they can get accustomed to the site before the rest of the clique arrives and they simply carry on with the things that they were saying wherever they came from.

Breaking up mass immigrations would force new members to learn to interact with all of us, instead of just with their buddies from their old place.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Rusty wrote:I love garibaldi's.Thems the ones with the ants in. :biggrin:

Found this and thought of you Rusty....classic :biggrin:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MJr9ekTf0xc peter kay/biscuits
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Not much bashing over at the new place. I don't recall my participating in any good bashings at the new place... yet...

Uh, never mind. I just checked through my posts there, and I have to take that back. It's just been a while, and my memory of the two sites is blended.

There are a few new games showing up there. I'll try a couple of fun posts and see what happens. I guess we can develop the kind of site we want - try some posts and see what happens.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:11 am

the only thing i can add is that i'll talk to anyone. not having a life and all that...

:roll:
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby bermbits » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 pm

I also... well, almost anyone.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:37 am

im hoveringtrying to ba agood boy yogi.
but im not sure what to make of your last comment in your post???

any chance of a translation yoda?

i dont do cryptic. :biggrin: :biggrin:
legend
Holier Than Thou

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts