anyone.... anyone

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Postby Yogi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:35 am

legend wrote:im hoveringtrying to ba agood boy yogi.
but im not sure what to make of your last comment in your post???

any chance of a translation yoda?

i dont do cryptic. :biggrin: :biggrin:

If you are referring to my previous post in this thread, I basically said life is full of changes. Get used to it.
Should you have some ideas regarding Brainformation, spell them out. I'm all ears - and eyes in this case.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby bermbits » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:03 am

Hmmm, I'd like to know more about the entire last paragraph. Inquiring minds, and all that....
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 pm

run both sites together. i'll (and my merry hardcore band) shall remain here.

everyone else can stay over there.

obviously if you were to decide to make this site read only i shall try to particpate more in neo but for now, i'd like to just be here.

i'm not keen on cyber change.

(for the record, i don't undertand about legend either) :biggrin:
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:34 pm

I'm a little restricted as far as styles go. Cobalt and Holiday Red are not currently being developed for the new software. Layouts, on the other hand, can be modified. New members cannot. But, there may be ways to work with and/or around them. As far as disappearing friends are concerned, I banned one person and eliminated several aliases. Strange as it seems, a couple other members stopped showing up after all this purging. So, if your missing friends are among the aliases that were deleted, I can't do anything about that either. And one final observation. Legend probably will remain on this site indefinitely. Think about it.

I presume the above is what is of special interest. I'll try to clarify it.

The disappointment in the styles on neoBrainformation (nBF) is shared by a lot of us. Cobalt Blue and Holiday Red, are not available there. The reason for that is because the entire section of the forum software that deals with styles has been rewritten to be more secure. Thus styles that work here cannot simply be transferred over to nBF. They have to be rewritten in order to fit into the new program architecture.

Only two styles have been officially blessed to run with the new software, and the rest are all experimental. That happens because the software is not in its final form yet, and the style developers honestly don't know what that final form will be. Thus no new styles have officially been released. The ones we are using will probably become official when the software goes golden. Looking over the list of experimental styles that are being developed, I don't see Cobalt Blue or Holiday Red. That does not mean they will not become available at some point in the future, but at the moment nobody is even looking at upgrading them to work in the new software.

The layout of the new forum, i.e., categories and topics, is easily changed. For the most part all the categories and forums that appear here are also there. We have added flexibility on nBF to allow sub-forums, and I took advantage of that in the new layout. For example, we see one section for Personal Journals instead of the multiple journals here. That one section on the new board, however, has several sub-forums. The result is just as many journals to read, but in a more compact presentation.

Thus, the layout can be modified. As far as the dissatisfaction with the new members on nBF goes, they cannot be modified. By that I mean that I am not into behavior modification. The same type of personality clashes you have experienced here are also present on the new site. Just as I could not change personalities here, they cannot be altered there. Given that the new members are there and comfortable, it would be more than rude to to ask them to leave. Thus we have to deal with the changes created by a new mix of members.

My mission as administrator is to be helpful not only from a technical point of view, but also from a community management perspective as well. You will all have noticed, for example, that the new board has "groups" all over the place. These groups could possibly be used to keep people of specific interests and personality confined to a certain area. The concept is not as outlandish as it sounds at first, when you consider the journals for example. They are all individual groups. Some people can participate in them, some people cannot. All people can read them. Also, we now have a friend/foe capability which allows individual members to manage who they want to"see" on the board. Then there is the reporting system which gives each member a method to directly report to the moderators an offending post. All of these things are ways to manage interactions between our members. Hopefully the new tools will allow better integration of the diverse personalities - or at least ways to avoid those people with whom you do not want to interact.

We have had our share of problem people on this site. One person earned the distinction of being the first to be banned. That person used several aliases (that I know about) and they were all removed from our membership list. If some of your friends were among those aliases, you will not see them on the new site. They are no longer here on the old site either. I apologize for any inconvenience that may be causing,

Regarding the tongue in cheek comment (I hope) about legend, he is here on the old site, posting in this thread as you can plainly see. Until such time that he proves unworthy of being a member of Brainformation, he will remain on this site. So, if anybody has a problem with that, I recommend migrating over to the nBF.

I hope that I clarified all the points of interest. If not, feel free to post direct questions. I have to qualms about answering any of your concerns here in the public forums. I'll also be glad to reply to any PMs or e-mails.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby bermbits » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:14 am

So I guess it wasn't me who was banned (or any of my aliases). Whew! We, uh, I was worried there for a bit.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:29 pm

Oh, come on. We all know that "bermbits" is just one of Yogi's aliases.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:13 pm

Just how did you find out?
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:54 am

It's easy.

If you look at every seventh letter in the Kama Sutra, on page 126 you'll see that the "Y" in Yogi equates with "berm". Using the same technique, on the same page in the Babylonian "Legends of Gilgamesh", "i" means "bits".

You're then left with the letters "og". If you reverse them, you get "go". So "Yogi" translates to "Go, bermbits".

How much more simple could it be?
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bermbits » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:08 am

I see how I missed it - the i in "The Epic of Gilgamesh" was part of the broken clay tablet - the cuneiform writing was missing from the corner...
silly me! I should have known.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:17 pm

well, well we did try and keep this site ticking over but I think everyone is now over on Neo, it had to happen in the end. :(
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

for what its worth

Postby imbizze » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:37 pm

I am new here, but I do still pop in here to make sure I have not missed a recent post, like yours! I will check this site out until it's all done. I do like the crowd at neobrainformation. Nice folks! :D
imbizze
n00bie

Postby bermbits » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm

I haven't been too active on either site, but I do stop by here to check what's what.
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Rusty » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:56 pm

I`m still here. Image
It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
Rusty
Site Admin

Re: for what its worth

Postby Sandra » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 am

imbizze wrote: I do like the crowd at neobrainformation. Nice folks! :D

yes, they are aren't they imbizze.... some are still some missing tho. I'm sure they'll find their way eventually. :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Please feel free to nudge and remind the missing members that they are welcome to the new site. All they need to to is register.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby Sandra » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:57 am

Yogi wrote:Please feel free to nudge and remind the missing members that they are welcome to the new site. All they need to to is register.

I'll get right on it. :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:47 pm

*meh*

I'm still kinda here
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby legend » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:14 pm

aww bea

im always around doll :biggrin:
We know that I'm a drunk. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simply means that I trust and accept your judgment.
legend
Holier Than Thou

Postby Sandra » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:37 am

legend wrote:aww bea

im always around doll :biggrin:

aw, isn't that a nice thing to know. :roll: :lol:

nice to see everyone still about . :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Rusty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:45 pm

Yooooooo hooooooo! :biggrin:
It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
Rusty
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts