Drinking on a work night

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Drinking on a work night

Postby bea » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:11 am

Is it really really wrong to drink lots every night especially when you have to go to work the next day.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:15 am

Honestly?

Yes, it's wrong to drink a lot every night, regardless of whether you're going to work or not.

Alcohol packs on fat, ruins coordination, and kills brain cells. If that's all right with you, then keep it up.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby bea » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:29 am

yes honestly :biggrin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7045830.stm

I onyl ask because its been in the news the past few days that the affluent 'middle class' is drinking much more than the binge drinkers. They do so in the comfort of their own homes, having wine with their evening meal and the like. The study put the average consumption between 22 -50 units a week whereas the government guideline is no more than 14 per week for a woman.

Naughty middle class!

I have recently reined myself in as i detest driving with a hangover and often feel that i wake up drunk and shouldn't be in charge of a speeding death mobile.
“Eyes that do not cry, do not see”
~ Swedish Proverb
bea
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sandra » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:05 am

Honestly bea, most people I know have a bottle of wine everynight, they open it when they get in and it lasts for hours....they always enjoy it. So they're all drinking well over the average. But not me of course. :biggrin:
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Random Thoughts