Stopping drinking alcohol.

This forum is for the discussion of a random collection of topics that do not fit elsewhere on our boards. Question and answer style posts are appropiate here.

Stopping drinking alcohol.

Postby Sandra » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:53 am

Everyone knows too much alcohol is bad for you. But can you just stop drinking alcohol after drinking every day for years? Would you have to find a substitute for the alcohol and can the brain repair itself after so much abuse?
Sandra
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mdkilmer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:16 pm

Well, I've never been interested in the stuff more than a drink with friends or a beer with pizza. My total drink consumption in a year is probably about four drinks, all kinds of alcohol included.

But I suspect that it's hard to stop-- it's a habit and a two-pronged addiction, physical and mental. You need to find something that makes you forget all about drinking.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby spithray » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:07 am

I just stopped. I didn't have a drink for 10 months. I was still in the pub regularly, drinking J2O mostly. It didn't really bother me at all, but I felt a lot better for it.
Rose: If you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?
Doctor: Lots of planets have a north.
spithray
Outlaw Torn

Return to Random Thoughts