Stephen King...

Be it on the New York Times Best Seller list, or just a favorite book in your personal library, give us your book review and comments in this forum.

Stephen King...

Postby Nathaniel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Anyone who has read Dreamcatcher? Or It? Or maybe even The Shining? Those books are real good, you see...
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby pilvikki » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:54 pm

i think stephen king is a marvellous writer. i just don't much care for his books.

i read the long version of The Stand and found it very ....long.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:22 pm

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:22 am

Pilvikki: I haven't read The Stand yet, but I'm thinking of watching the movie, and I know what you mean when you say his books are... long... I tried reading Misery.... It's not all that many pages, but... It was.... boring... Kind of like Robert Jordans books, you know... The wheel of time... I sort of just stopped in the middle of the series, book six, and I couldn't go on, it was too boring... They never got anywhere!
"Homophobia - the irrational fear that homosexuals will move in and rearrange your furniture against your will."
Nathaniel
Hero Of The Day

Postby bermbits » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:13 am

I have read virtually all of King and Koontz. I skipped the rest of the Dark Tower series as I got really tired of waiting years for the next volume.

I still read them, but I lost a lot of interest when King left the horror he was so good at.

I have reached the point where I read "for the moment" and don't recall details.
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mycatis » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:24 am

I used to love Steven King, Firestarter was the first adult book I ever read (I pinched my mums copy when I was about 8) but over the years I have started to go off him a bit. For a few years there I was starting to think he wasnt even writing them himself anymore because they were getting pretty bad.
saying that I did just read The Shining, because I have the film and it's one of my favourites, and the book is SO much scarier.
This is my favourite version of The Shining though :lol:
http://www.angryalien.com/0504/shiningbunnies.html
mycatis

Postby mahtilda » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:11 pm

I loved the Shining.. and the ghost story..Bag of Bones was pretty good.... but it was "IT" that scared the shIT out of me!
mahtilda

Postby bermbits » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 pm

A couple of his stories are on TV tonight. Not great reviews (written stories are always better).
"Veritas et probitas super omnia."
bermbits
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Sarah » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:22 pm

I liked him a lot when I was younger, but haven't read him in a while. I bought Dreamcatcher (I think 2 yrs. ago), but it's still sitting on my shelf untouched. I should read it someday.
Hope for the best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
Sarah
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Reading