Love Books

Be it on the New York Times Best Seller list, or just a favorite book in your personal library, give us your book review and comments in this forum.

Love Books

Postby jackie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:10 am

I am currently reading Judge and Jury by James Patterson. I also just bought Da Vinci Code so I will be busy for a few weeks. I read daily for at least one hour.
jackie

Postby mdkilmer » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:34 am

I read anything that doesn't move fast enough to get out of sight.

I have about 4500 books in storage (all read, mostly paperback, mostly science-fiction), and about a thousand more to be read, stacked in boxes against my bedroom wall.
<b>"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."</b>

...Albert Schweitzer
mdkilmer
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby ashes13 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:38 pm

I don't read as much as I used to or as much as I'd like. Working for the library services I am surrounded by books each day and have a pile to get throughh at home.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Da Vinci Code...I have heard some mixed reports about it.
ashes13
Frantic

Postby pilvikki » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:39 pm

weeeell, his writing is a wee bit stilted and smells of romance novels. the plot also would be at home in the romance novel genre and one has to forgive a few impossible stunts a la 007. on the whole it's fun. i read the version with photographs and that made quite the difference for me.

the prequel, "angels and demons" is more fun.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby ohlia » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:24 am

I read anything and everything, it's my greatest addiction.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Valleysailor » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm not reading as much as I used to. As an only child, I've had a love affair with books since I could hold one. I used to hoard my books, but now I keep only selected ones that I think I may read again. We have a wonderful store here called the Book Dispensary where you can get store credits for bringing in your old books and get some you haven't read. I think the last time I went in, I had about $90. worth of credits. It's a great way to recycle!!
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.
Valleysailor
Outlaw Torn

Postby Makinamess » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:46 pm

That place would do well out of me ! I can't bear to part with a decent book .... :(
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby mahtilda » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:36 pm

I am reading "The Eloquent President" by Ronald White jr.

I will read anything tho.... :oops:
mahtilda

Return to Reading