surfs ready. altho not the giant waves.

Are you a starving artist, a patron of the arts, or merely looking for an outlet for your creative talents? Tell us all about it here.

surfs ready. altho not the giant waves.

Postby 1da » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 am

i got up to the north shore a week ago. even tho there were no big waves it was still fun. the Eddie Aikau wont get a go this year. that's 4 years in a row now if i remember right. may be next year.

this is a photo i took from shore and then used a photoshop digital filter to create the abstracting effects. i think the spirit of the wave and the rider show up in this well as well as the movement that is going on. i'm doing a lot of photos with haiku and this is one of them.

the haiku reads:

Plunge beyond the edge
Torn water beneath the sky
Nature of the face

the print is intended to be processed as a photo. i do these so they can be printed at 8x10. when printed to that size the font and words should read ok size wise.

I'm not really a Bad Seed.
I'm just a Bit Seedy at times.
- Zen-like saying mightily modified
1da
Frantic

Postby Makinamess » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:36 am

Wow ! I love that print Ida, in particular the way the added abstract jiggery jaggery movement runs over the "frame" of the picture; it takes it to a whole new level. What's the procedure for buying a copy of the print ? Hehe, I'm gonna have to build more walls for all my new pictures soon !
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby 1da » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 pm

hey Makinamess thanks. i build the frames on my images (within the image itself) one at a time using Photoshop. i sell them unframed and unmatted - but these are a standard size so it should be relatively easy to find a frame for it. i've found i like that extension of seeing elements of the image in the framing too. i think it creates a link from one world into the other. i havnt made a run to print works since the earthquake took my files on the other computer. i have a stack i need to print up. i'll include this one, but i dont know when i'll actually get to it. if you are still interested in a couple of weeks let me know and we'll see if i've made the run then, ok? you can leave a PM here or use my gmail:

19planets@gmail.com

i want to market these on Etsy but i havnt listed things there yet altho that is one of my goals for this year.
I'm not really a Bad Seed.
I'm just a Bit Seedy at times.
- Zen-like saying mightily modified
1da
Frantic

Return to Art