The early morning feast

Are you a starving artist, a patron of the arts, or merely looking for an outlet for your creative talents? Tell us all about it here.

The early morning feast

Postby Makinamess » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Well, yesterday morning, my mate 1da got the munchies - would you believe it, he was up in the early hours of the morning, scouring the fridge and looking for pizza.... of course when he found it, he didn't even think of offering me any ! Sometimes friends are such meanies..... I only woke up because I could hear him scurrying about in the kitchen and when I trotted in there, he had the fridge door full open and was staring at the contents. Now come on, how long does it take to recognise pizza - I can do that with a single sniff and without even moving my head too far ! Anyway, I digress, I had meant to tell you guys about my great adventure from the night before, when I was called on duty early in order to tackle an interesting case that the boss had received - the Case of the Missing Postman.....
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:53 am

Oh, you are still here are you ? Why ? Oh, sorry, I forgot - I was going to tell you about the Case of the Missing Postman.... Well, this Postman (we'll call him Pat) was reported as missing by his family a few weeks ago and since the usual detection methods had been exhausted (no body found, no-one suffering from amnesia in the local hospitals, the train and bus stations had no record of him passing through, he appeared to have had no enemies) the Boss was called. Pat's wife told us that he had been very bored at work and yep, we could understand that - after all, how do you do the job of a postie better than before ? Once your letters are delivered, that's it, no extra work to do, no higher productivity levels to try to attain, no more money to be made.... but Pat had been so bored, he was determined to try to do his job better but Pat's wife didn't know how he could....

Well, to cut a long story short, the Boss discovered that Pat had decided to speed up the delivery of his round of letters. Day One - he delivered all his letters in an hour less than he used to do, by walking briskly from house to house. Day Two - he saved a further two hours by running. Day Three - his delivery round was now down to half of its original time by wearing roller skates etc etc. After two weeks he found he was finishing the round before he had started off..... hence he hadn't technically disappeared, he was just going faster than time itself.....
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Return to Art