Go Ahead Writers and Creatives: Story Around This Image...

Are you a starving artist, a patron of the arts, or merely looking for an outlet for your creative talents? Tell us all about it here.

Go Ahead Writers and Creatives: Story Around This Image...

Postby 1da » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:34 am

go for it. create a story around an image. long, short, poetic, sci-fi, fiction, fantasy or morphed from real life, give us your best shot based on what you see and how you want to interpret the image.

here's your first image:

humor, wit, intrigue, clever or anyway you want to play with it. what cha got? stun, stump or wow us. go ahead. go for it. give us your awesome word story inspired by or based on the image!

full thank yous to ohlia for the inspiration behind this adventure and exploration and Makinamess for her support as well as Yogi for his encoragement... and patience... - way cool on each of you, thank you.
I'm not really a Bad Seed.
I'm just a Bit Seedy at times.
- Zen-like saying mightily modified
1da
Frantic

Postby Makinamess » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:47 am

Sleeps

You know that lovely feeling that you get at the end of a long day – the sort of good, happy, contented peace that comes over you when all is well with the world, when you’re in love with everyone and things are finally starting to look up for you ? When you know you’ve done the best you possibly can, with that little extra thrown in, just for good measure ? When you know you’ve still got a job tomorrow, a roof over your head, a little money in the bank, there’s food in the kitchen and a few bottles of good wine left on the rack? When the car sailed through its MOT, the garden is looking lovely and neat and tidy (but not too fussy) and the garage roof will hold for at least another year ? When you heard that you’d passed that much needed (and difficult exam) so now you can get on to that more challenging course you’d set your heart on ?

Well, as you reflect back on how wonderful it is to be alive, well, and happy and in such a positive frame of mind, you count your blessings and climb into bed with the prospect of experiencing that most wonderful feeling of all - drifting off to sleep …….
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby pilvikki » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:20 pm

you know, the only thing i can come up with at the moment is vandal having had had a way too many....
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby 1da » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:25 am

way good on that piece Makingamess. cool.

pilvikki... i feel like that sometimes too.

my story:

oh. gees. i've been reading this yoga book too long in one position... got to. get some. sleep. if I. can get. my. legs to. stretch. out.... and of course begin speaking in complete... ah heck this is just fine as it... good night to all of you story making... blink. click. ah. darkness. again.
1da
Frantic

Postby ohlia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:18 pm

Heat Exhaustion

It was a hot steamy day in August so 1da went outside to read one of his favorite novels. He made himself comfortable with his book lying back on his special lounging chair situated under a tamarind tree. But, the heat of the mid-day sun was overbearing and after a while he came back inside for a cool, refreshing drink of cranberry juice. He took his sandals off and as he proceeded to make his way to the refrigerator, he stumbled on the rug and fell flat on his face still clutching the book in his hand.
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby 1da » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:38 am

hahaha - ohlia that just about sums it up good, yes. gotta like that tamarind tree. is it too late to get a piece of tamarind candy?
1da
Frantic

Postby ohlia » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:22 pm

... for you 1da, and don't eat all at once. :lol:
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby 1da » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:27 pm

oh! hecko and way cool ohlia, those are to savor. wanna taste? i havnt had that kind. they look gooey, chewy and yum.
1da
Frantic

What do I see ?

Postby Yogi » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:38 am

I see a form wanting to leap out, not one that has fallen. Here is a great visualization of the spirit form in which we are all delivered to this plane of existence. The urgency to arise and morph into something outside the envelope is plainly visible. Was it the book, or the light shed upon it, that created the inspiration to be free? I don't know. My heart mourns the possibility of donning the nearby sandals, and thus anchoring the soul to solid earth.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby 1da » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:54 am

hey Yogi, i like that. nice piece of drifting into a thinking vision.

is it time for another image to write about/from/to? any one want to submit one?

if not i will do one on my return. yup i'm going off-rock for the first time in probably 6-7 years. about as short as possible and still be considered as traveling i think - it's to another island. looks like it will happen - roughly saturday until about apr. 1. just so people here will know. (i'll post it in a more appropriate thread in a minute)
1da
Frantic

Return to Art