Cleaning up my avy

Are you a starving artist, a patron of the arts, or merely looking for an outlet for your creative talents? Tell us all about it here.

Cleaning up my avy

Postby Bedford » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:35 am

As some of you have realized, I decided to start using my WH icon for my BF avatar. However, making a new version of it, blowing it up to 100 x 100, made it fuzzy. Any tips for cleaning up the image.

Also, I wanted to see what it would look like with pink feet, but everyu time I choose pink, it gives me a grey-like color. (Rockhoppers have pink feet, so I wanted to see what it looked like.)
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby skin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:45 pm

I guess the source of both problems is your image is a gif. It's hard to blow up gif because of a number of reasons, one being the limited ammount of available colours in the image. This also explains your inability to colour the feet pink: pink simply is not available in your image.

First convert the image to jpg format, then enlarging it would result in a better quality enlargement (especially if you use a good programme like adobe photoshop). Also with jpg there's no colour limits, so pink for the feet would be possible.

Of course when done you can keep the jpg or save as gif again.
Don't you hate it being in an utter good mood?
skin
Bad Seed

Postby Bedford » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Thanks; I'll experiment with it.

Since I have already changed my avy, in case anyone else wants to chime in, here it is/was

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Postby StVandal » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Yeah, there's not much you can do to clear up the image after blowing it up. Just meticulous redrawing the lines with it magnified. Hopefully you have something like photoshop.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
StVandal
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Bedford » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:13 pm

All I have is MS Paint. :confused:

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Return to Art