Big

Are you a starving artist, a patron of the arts, or merely looking for an outlet for your creative talents? Tell us all about it here.

Big

Postby Makinamess » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:14 am

OK guys, just to look at 1da's thread in a slightly different way, can you find a suitable photograph to caption this little story ?

BIG

Once upon a time, not so very long ago when I was young (mind you, this is a story for younger people, ie boys or girls, so stay very calm), there lived in this city a fabulous creature.

No one was really sure of exactly what it was. There were those that said it was a dog; some sort of olde-worlde dog the likes of which Bill Sykes would have taken down to The Old Victorian (a famed public house) for his evening out had he lived in this city. Others said that it had arrived on a ship many years ago when this city was a great seaport filled with merchant vessels from around the globe and the city buzzed with a kind of exotic elegance now long forgotten. Others didn’t really care at all or at least didn’t appear to do so.

Ambrose, for that was the name by which the creature was popularly known, had lived with a family in the next street for longer than anyone could remember. So long in fact that his character and exploits had passed down in a form of folklore again long since forgotten. It was said that they had adopted him as a pup but curiously no one could remember him in anything less than his awesome fully grown form.

He was black; or that is to say, generally black, it’s sometimes easier to tackle the general issues first before resolving the more irksome specifics. His size was largely indeterminate but by dint of either his physical or personal attributes, he would generally be described in terms of excess rather than moderate. All in all, he was BIG. Now, BIG doesn’t actually mean fabulous but you know what I mean… :biggrin:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby 1da » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:29 am

nope, no photos... all i could find was this big thing called Ambrose. i'm not sure if Ambrose intends to share that pie with Bill Sykes or not. it may depend on whether Bill takes Ambrose down to the public house on his next sojourn. then again... i'm sure Ambrose has a legendary appetite...

I'm not really a Bad Seed.
I'm just a Bit Seedy at times.
- Zen-like saying mightily modified
1da
Frantic

Postby Makinamess » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:23 am

Hehe 1da - that is a wonderful sketch of "Ambrose" - that's not far off what he really looks like, even down to the mauve paws ! He'll be dead chuffed when I show him but he'll probably want some of that pie.....

Messy wanders off to her kitchen to hunt down the ingredients for Ambrose's favourite pie :biggrin:
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby 1da » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:48 am

hahahaha - Messy, i see you understand well the consequences of not having something that Ambrose wants when he wants it. ...Good thinking on making that pie before showing Ambrose the drawing...

*1da wonders if he should be making pie as well*

btw, what exactly lead you to that understanding?
1da
Frantic

Postby ohlia » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:20 pm

All this talk about pie makes me want for pie. I now have this intense yearning for warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream. :hungry:
You calling me stupid do not make me stupid; it makes you a person calling me stupid.
ohlia
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Makinamess » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:04 am

1da wrote:hahahaha - Messy, i see you understand well the consequences of not having something that Ambrose wants when he wants it. ...Good thinking on making that pie before showing Ambrose the drawing........btw, what exactly led you to that understanding?

1. Ambrose is BIG
2. Ambrose has a prodigious appetite
3. Ambrose has an exceedingly good sense of smell - he can smell Pie a mile off
4. Ambrose's exploits are famed round here
5. Messy knows that Ambrose likes Pie
6. Ambrose has an awful temper
7. Pie (a noun) is an advance agent of the reaper whose name is Indigestion
Makinamess
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby 1da » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:19 pm

hahahaha, yikes. ohlia, altho i am not big on deserts really and usually i can take or leave pie, you've hit on one of the pie combinations that make my mouth water. shhhhhh - dont tell Ambrose, i dont know if i could compete well with Ambrose...

just as i suspected Makinamess, you are thoroughly acquainted with the famous, infamous Ambrose.

i have to say that digital drawing does not do justice on several accounts to the full glory of Ambrose... there is a resemblance however and the moment is quite typical i suspect. that awe-full temper reputed and most likely verified to belong to Ambrose is probably a result of the Indigestion Reaper Pie that Ambrose often courts through such exploitation.
1da
Frantic

Return to Art